Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul armory 2011 parts- thoughts/feedback

muncie21

I just noticed 2011 parts made by Bul Armory are now available.  For example shooter's connection lists quite a few Bul made parts, to include modular triggers similar to the SV design. 

Anyone have experience with these parts in non- Bul 2011 pistols?  I'm considering picking up a trigger and maybe a SS grip if it will accept standard 2011 mags.

SASII_GRIP_KIT-1-1024x712-1.thumb.png.c7fc3bab8b490ecac92e8312aa0756c7.pngGetImage_ashx.jpg.aee4b215cabcc0a68bc6f8928bd677c4.jpg

Was looking at some of their parts at Shooters connection the other day as well. Would love to hear some feedback from anyone whose used any of their parts. They look to be good quality and some of their race guns do look real pretty.

Anyone know if their small parts are barstock, mim, cast?

42 minutes ago, forty5cal1911 said:

Was looking at some of their parts at Shooters connection the other day as well. Would love to hear some feedback from anyone whose used any of their parts. They look to be good quality and some of their race guns do look real pretty.

Anyone know if their small parts are barstock, mim, cast?

in their guns mim  parts  from 1.1 .2019 :

1.ejector

2. slide stop pin

3. firing pin stop plate 

4. mag catch release.

5. thumb safety

6. beaver tail

new sear and disco are  better quality than from EE.  saw only few slide stop break in place where it catch the slide. 

47 minutes ago, yigal said:

in their guns mim  parts  from 1.1 .2019 :

1.ejector

2. slide stop pin

3. firing pin stop plate 

4. mag catch release.

5. thumb safety

6. beaver tail

new sear and disco are  better quality than from EE.  saw only few slide stop break in place where it catch the slide. 

Thanks Yigal!

You mind expanding on your thoughts that their sear is "better" than an EE? I have always regarded extreme as very high quality and my experience is their sears hold jobs for thousands and thousands of rounds.

Edited by forty5cal1911

I’ve purchased their tool-less guide rod and their Aftec style extractor. The tool-less guide rod is not as well finished as the Dawson.  It is not as well polished. I would stick with the Dawson.

The extractor is a great design and much easier to install than the Aftec. It was a drop in part for my gun and no tuning required. Time will tell if it holds up as well as the Aftec.

1 hour ago, Hooked said:

I’ve purchased their tool-less guide rod and their Aftec style extractor. The tool-less guide rod is not as well finished as the Dawson.  It is not as well polished. I would stick with the Dawson.

The extractor is a great design and much easier to install than the Aftec. It was a drop in part for my gun and no tuning required. Time will tell if it holds up as well as the Aftec.

i don't know about their tool less GR because i use regular tungsten GR.

EE parts are great but u need to remove all sharp corners from their parts. bul sear and disco don't have  any burs and sharp corners.

about extractor u mean this with 2 springs? how many did u shot with this part? i have only few prototypes of this extractor not from SS. and i don't know how it will hold.

1 hour ago, Hooked said:

I'll be curious to get my hands on one of those extractors and give it a try.  I have used aftecs in my open guns for years but haven't been as pleased with the last couple I have got.

Since I'm stuck at home for the near term, I decided what the hell and ordered one of the Bul 2011 triggers and a few extra inserts. 

As long as my outdoor range stays open, I'll be able to test this out in a few weeks.

We are getting a big shipment of the modular triggers in today. I just installed one in my single stack 1911 and I'm liking it so far. I THINK you can change shoes out without removing the trigger.

If anyone wants some up close pictures of certain parts we have in stock, just message us on our Facebook page, or mention it here. I handle the ordering and made sure to order ONLY the machined parts, if it was an option. The sear especially seems well made.

26 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

We are getting a big shipment of the modular triggers in today. I just installed one in my single stack 1911 and I'm liking it so far. I THINK you can change shoes out without removing the trigger.

If anyone wants some up close pictures of certain parts we have in stock, just message us on our Facebook page, or mention it here. I handle the ordering and made sure to order ONLY the machined parts, if it was an option. The sear especially seems well made.

Do you happen to know when that new extractor they have been showing might become avaliable?

1 hour ago, SSGJohnV said:

We are getting a big shipment of the modular triggers in today. I just installed one in my single stack 1911 and I'm liking it so far. I THINK you can change shoes out without removing the trigger .

The sear especially seems well made.

1. yes u can change shoes without removing the trigger .but few of them that i saw it was not possible.and u will need remove the over travel screw and set it again. i use this  type  prototype  trigger but i can change the shoes in 20 sec.  without change  or tuning nothing .

2. sear and disco  is very well made and u can use it as a drop in part with no problem.

51 minutes ago, caspian guy said:

Do you happen to know when that new extractor they have been showing might become avaliable?

We should be getting them in the next month-ish. They are coming from Israel and they are on lockdown with the current situation.

22 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

We should be getting them in the next month-ish. They are coming from Israel and they are on lockdown with the current situation.

Any plans to start stocking the Bul SS grip kits?

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2020 at 3:09 AM, Hooked said:

My friend broke his bul pivoting extractor yesterday. 

Seems like cast metal garbage. It broke off at the firing pin stop. 

3 hours ago, dansedgli said:

My friend broke his bul pivoting extractor yesterday. 

Seems like cast metal garbage. It broke off at the firing pin stop. 

it's not cast metal . poor metal treatment. and they change design in this particular place. this notch has u shape now.

42 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

It sure looked like it. Very porous. 

He only bought it last week. Its a shame we are getting old stock already in Australia. 

It was supposed to fix the extraction problems he was having with the stock extractor. 

porous ?🙉🙉🙉 it's made from SS or black carbon steel? mine is black without u shape  2 y. old 

ask them for new one.

Australia .where is this island ?😉

Edited by yigal

On 3/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, WRCartridgeco said:

I’m looking for a seller of their M5 pistols, I own a couple, and wouldn’t mind another

Iconic Arms in Englewood Cliffs, NJ sells the BUL Armory stuff.  Give them a shout.  
https://iconicrms.com/
He is a buddy of mine, full transparency.