Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA! stepped brass from hell

Joedirt199

14 hours ago, Joedirt199 said:

Did the picture work?

They didn't work because of the unnecessary code at the end of the link [/img]. Next time instead of using the link function just paste the direct Imgur link into the response box and the forum will automatically embed the picture.

JI7U7sAh.jpg

8QBk8uYh.jpg

Edited by 4n2t0

You gotta admit - bullet setback will never be an issue with brass like that one on the right...  LOL!  

Reloading brass like that would probably be problematic at best, and if using a load that was worked up to near maximun in "normal" brass, very likely dangerous! 

Good for the scrap brass pile ONLY.  

20 minutes ago, BigMoneyGrip said:

I just loaded some MAXXTech that wasn't stepped. However, these cases seemed tougher that other brass. 

Are they brass or brass colored steel? Checkem with a magnet to be sure. I think freedom munitions is the only one doing that weird stuff but you never know these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, louu said:

Are they brass or brass colored steel? Checkem with a magnet to be sure. I think freedom munitions is the only one doing that weird stuff but you never know these days. 

That's why i like to wet tumble.  The brass-plated steel cases come out a different color.  Easy to identify.  Plus the magnet method...