Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL 750 POWDER MEASURE STICKING ON BRASS

I have about 1000 rds through my new 750 and it's great. But the brass has started sticking on the powder measure on the down stroke. The alignment for the primers is correct but the brass to the powder measure isn't exactly on center. The flare is fine and I even reduced it a bit to see if that made any difference but it didn't. Any thoughts?

Edited by TheGoatMumbler

1 hour ago, TheGoatMumbler said:

I have about 1000 rds through my new 750 and it's great. But the brass has started sticking on the powder measure on the down stroke. The alignment for the primers is correct but the brass to the powder measure isn't exactly on center. The flare is fine and I even reduced it a bit to see if that made any difference but it didn't. Any thoughts?

You can do a search and find countless threads on sticking powder funnel etc. it’s a very common issue that can be easily fixed or ignored. I just power through it on the upstroke

Definitely a common issue. Are you wet tumbling? I gave up on that for pistol. Can’t clean inside of case so well.

i don’t agree that you power through. That can leave a mess of powder on shellplate so this is not something to ignore if you are running heavy loads.

If you had a spot to expand before powder measure, that helps too but difficult on a 750 if you want to size in station 1.

Edit: FYI... this is not a Dillon thing either. Happens on any press with this type of powder expander.

Edited by DJRyan13

2 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Interesting...  First I've heard of one of these... 

Sort of like a DAA funnel, but made with an extra hard metal to avoid sticking...  Would be worth $39 to get rid of the sticking problem...

please post feedback if you buy. Definitely worth it.

1 hour ago, TheGoatMumbler said:

Yes. Wet and then dry tumbling with a bit of polish added in.

If you get the inside of the cases clean a bad sticking issue is always a problem.

Try it without the pins and reduce your Case tumbling regimen until there’s still some carbon inside the cases. It acts like powdered graphite lube and helps greatly to mitigate the sticking. This one is a very well known issue, and you’ll find lots of discussion on it.

Edited by MemphisMechanic