Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO Magazines

AzDanMan

I have the TSO in .40 and I love it. I have 4 magazines and 2 with Springer Precision 140mm basepads. I have had a few problems with them getting stuck when I load to 19 rounds.

What are the best springs and followers for the .40 magazines? I have looked at some websites and it doesn't specify for CZ TSO .40 so I haven't ordered any.

Any and all help is appreciated.

I run CZCustom basepads with the stock springs and followers.  No issues with the mags running.  I do have the Springer 170s for my 9mm mags and they needed work to get them to run.  There is a lip between the mag and follower that has to be blended to get the Springers to run reliably.  

I run Cz custom base pads and springs. Grams springs and followers and are also pretty good. I am not a fan of Springer. If you gotta take them apart during a match to clean them, that little screw is a pain.  

i have had 0 problems with Cz custom products 

18 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I run CZCustom basepads with the stock springs and followers.  No issues with the mags running.  I do have the Springer 170s for my 9mm mags and they needed work to get them to run.  There is a lip between the mag and follower that has to be blended to get the Springers to run reliably.  

Are those CZC you're running in .40 or 9mm?

I notice on the CZC site they say that in 9mm their basepads don't add capacity due to magazine ribs.

2 hours ago, FALAR said:

Are those CZC you're running in .40 or 9mm?

I notice on the CZC site they say that in 9mm their basepads don't add capacity due to magazine ribs.

My 9mm mags with CZC basepads, CZC springs and followers gets me 23 rounds.  29 on the 170 mags

Did you leave the black metal plate in that comes with the 17 round magazines to enable removal of the original basepad? They serve no purpose with the SP extensions and like to get stuck in the extensions at weird angles which could cause issues. 

I have SP base pads with CZC springs/followers in all my TSO mags. All will hold 21 rounds (non-reloadable) and I have not had any feeding issues with them. I would remove the springs/followers and put the extension back on and run a pick up and down the inside where the mag/extension transitions, feeling for any snags. I recall a post on here at some point in the past where someone had SP extensions that were a little out of spec and lead to a substantial overhand inside the mag. If that's the case with yours SP should make it right. 

If you are reloading, check the OAL of your load. I found the RNFP coated bullets I was using I would get some dragging if they were loaded past 1.16", but never enough to cause feeding issues. 

What mean by "getting stuck?" Are you getting failure to feed or are you not able to load anymore when you hit the 19th round?

I run 6 mags with Springer basepads and their extra power spring and TSO stock follower. I can get 20+1 without any issues. 

I have 6 mags total. 4 TSO mags and 2 new tactics sport mags that I received last month from CZ. 

the 4 TSO mags are all pinned to 10 rds (nj nonsense). The 2 tac sports are 10 rounds from the factory. I am having an issue with 1 of the new ones. Either the feed lips are too tight or the spring pressure is too strong. The gun doesn’t want to go into battery off of slide lock, nor does it want to cycle reliably. I’ve been trying to get a hold of cz customer service to no avail this past week. 

17 hours ago, WildPete said:

What mean by "getting stuck?" Are you getting failure to feed or are you not able to load anymore when you hit the 19th round?

I run 6 mags with Springer basepads and their extra power spring and TSO stock follower. I can get 20+1 without any issues. 

On one of the mags with the Springer basepads that what loaded to 19 rounds the follower got stuck at the bottom of the mag. When I did a reload in a competition the rounds where just rattling loose.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, AzDanMan said:

On one of the mags with the Springer basepads that what loaded to 19 rounds the follower got stuck at the bottom of the mag. When I did a reload in a competition the rounds where just rattling loose.

That sounds to me like the mag body and extension are not well matched. I would do what I suggested before, remove the springs/followers and then put the extension back on and check for any notable gaps/ledges. 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:00 PM, regor said:

That sounds to me like the mag body and extension are not well matched. I would do what I suggested before, remove the springs/followers and then put the extension back on and check for any notable gaps/ledges. 

Whenever i load 20 in my tso. 40cal it always has a rattling round 🤷‍♂️, hasn't really been in issue

Thanks everyone for your knowledge. I checked the base pads without the springs and they look OK. So, while I had the magazines apart I did a good cleaning on everything and sprayed a little dry lube inside the mags. I will see what happens after range time.