Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Yikes connector?

midvalleyshooter

I haven’t tried the yikes, but I have tried at least 7 others. My observation is Glock knows what their doing as far as connectors go. There’s only so much that can be done. You polish and change the angle. If the angle is abrupt you have a clean break, if you lower the angle the break becomes more rolling but mushy because the trigger bar has to travel further to break. That’s it. The Glock stock is nice if you want a clean break, the minus is longer but a little mushy. The dot is the best of both world’s. But as a shooter you have to try all kinds to see what you like. That’s what I did and I keep coming back to the minus.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, midvalleyshooter said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Black Yikes connector?

Yes, I purchased one and once installed my Glock 19 would not fire, so I had to reinstall the old connector.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, TrackCage said:

Its garbage. I had better luck with an OEM minus connector

^^^^ This

I’ve tried most of the well known aftermarket connectors myself. Only use the Glock Minus connectors now. Before a USPSA or Steel match I drop in my striker assembly with a 5 lb striker spring and it’s perfect. Change it back when I get home. 

• 3 weeks later...