Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Yikes connector?

midvalleyshooter

I haven’t tried the yikes, but I have tried at least 7 others. My observation is Glock knows what their doing as far as connectors go. There’s only so much that can be done. You polish and change the angle. If the angle is abrupt you have a clean break, if you lower the angle the break becomes more rolling but mushy because the trigger bar has to travel further to break. That’s it. The Glock stock is nice if you want a clean break, the minus is longer but a little mushy. The dot is the best of both world’s. But as a shooter you have to try all kinds to see what you like. That’s what I did and I keep coming back to the minus.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, midvalleyshooter said:

Does anyone have any experience with the Black Yikes connector?

Yes, I purchased one and once installed my Glock 19 would not fire, so I had to reinstall the old connector.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, TrackCage said:

Its garbage. I had better luck with an OEM minus connector

^^^^ This

I’ve tried most of the well known aftermarket connectors myself. Only use the Glock Minus connectors now. Before a USPSA or Steel match I drop in my striker assembly with a 5 lb striker spring and it’s perfect. Change it back when I get home. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Glockstore QC and customer service is terrible. Dont buy any of their stuff. That said, the black yikes connector works as advertised. Lightens the trigger pull and makes it a "rolling break". I have one in in my G34 with a 4.5 pound striker spring and polished trigger. Easy way to make a glock trigger serviceable for like 35 bucks. You can do better, you can do worse. 

• 5 months later...

If you really want a lighter trigger pull you have to change the striker spring and put in a polished safety plunger with a reduced spring. A factory connector polished works just fine and I would agree that if that's what you're going for, then get Johnny Glocks evolution trigger system or the Edge trigger system from Glock Triggers.

Both are outstanding trigger systems and absolutely significantly reduce your trigger pull weight!!! However with that said, I do trust them for EDC myself as I've never had any issues with either, but these trigger systems are rated for competition only!!!

Johnny himself states that with his 4.5lb striker spring that you won't have any issues with it. I myself have ran with the 4lb striker spring and have never had any problems what so ever.

• 1 month later...