Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

16" PCC barrel that supports glock mags

Ok, so I am looking for a regular 16" barrel that has the protruding ramp that supports the front of glock mags, and is actually in stock.  

I found this, but I have never seen it in stock, and as invested as Tim is in the 5.25" rifling concept I suspect that it might not ever be again.  

https://taccom3g.com/product/extreme-feed-16-9mm-barrel/

Before I whip out the tig welder and start screwing with my existing barrel, do I have any other options?  What should I be searching for?  Does anyone have a take off the would be willing to sell or even loan me so I can get a pattern?  Any suggestions on the type or grade of steel I might choose to build this with?

2 hours ago, TRUBL said:

get the 1316 barrel, you will be MUCHO happier

@TRUBL Except that I have a 15" carbon fiber hand guard that probably would not work well with ports starting at about 13 in.  If I have to swap handguard too, I am most of the way to a new stripped upper, and down the rabbit hole I go....

We have been shooting this 1316 barrel for about 6 months & it is awesome. Runs everything. She has a 15" CF handguard and the side ports are just past the end of hand guard & all I did was notch the top CF so the top ports do not blow into the HG. Took me maybe 5 minutes with a die grinder. 

gerritm

#1 it's never, ever, ever been about need. 

As far as why I WANT it...i have an unsupported style barrel now, and have broken the front out of several magazines with factory ammo that doesn't have much of a crimp.  A supported barrel would seem to alleviate that.

Try a Taccom feed ramp. Best $20 we have spent on our un-supported/non-ramped barrels. Have a JP barrel on mine and installing the feed ramp has stopped all misfeeds,. Had one on her old ULW Taccom barrel before the new one with a built in ramp. Thousands of rounds thru both with the Taccom feed ramps with no issues. Same with the new Taccom barrel with the built in ramp.  Cheap easy fix. 

gerritm

On 3/18/2020 at 5:58 AM, gerritm said:

We have been shooting this 1316 barrel for about 6 months & it is awesome. Runs everything. She has a 15" CF handguard and the side ports are just past the end of hand guard & all I did was notch the top CF so the top ports do not blow into the HG. Took me maybe 5 minutes with a die grinder. 

gerritm

Got a photo of this?!

On 3/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, barrysuperhawk said:

Ok, so I am looking for a regular 16" barrel that has the protruding ramp that supports the front of glock mags, and is actually in stock.  

I found this, but I have never seen it in stock, and as invested as Tim is in the 5.25" rifling concept I suspect that it might not ever be again.  

https://taccom3g.com/product/extreme-feed-16-9mm-barrel/

Before I whip out the tig welder and start screwing with my existing barrel, do I have any other options?  What should I be searching for?  Does anyone have a take off the would be willing to sell or even loan me so I can get a pattern?  Any suggestions on the type or grade of steel I might choose to build this with?

Have you called Shooting Innovations? There ramped barrels are some of the best in the business.

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Got a photo of this?!

Easier to give you the link on Taccom website explaining it with installation instructions. Plenty of pictures. Goes in the upper and clam shell closes against the lower. Not much to take a picture of. Unfortunately they are out of stock, but he gets them in pretty regular.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-glock-lower-feedramp/

gerritm

4 hours ago, JsK said:

Have you called Shooting Innovations? There ramped barrels are some of the best in the business.

Unfortunately, their ramp only comes back .100" and does not support the magazine......TACCOM's feed ramp comes back .170" and does support the magazine.

The Glock feed ramp is a great solution for 'standard' barrels and should be in stock very soon. 1316 barrels, I understand are about a week or so out.

Edited by TRUBL

Cutting the notch in a CF tube is easy peasy actually........one way to do that is to tape up the area to be cut with masking tape and draw lines for your cut. Then take a drememl tool with a carbine burr and go to town. I'd use a mask (good luck finding one now) so you don't breathe in all the dust, it's not gonna cause cancer, but it's not good to breathe in to your lungs. Or use your GF's bra cup as a mask LOL. Finish up with a small grinding wheel to smooth the edges, then blow it off with compressed air.

1 hour ago, TRUBL said:

Cutting the notch in a CF tube is easy peasy actually........one way to do that is to tape up the area to be cut with masking tape and draw lines for your cut. Then take a drememl tool with a carbine burr and go to town. I'd use a mask (good luck finding one now) so you don't breathe in all the dust, it's not gonna cause cancer, but it's not good to breathe in to your lungs. Or use your GF's bra cup as a mask LOL. Finish up with a small grinding wheel to smooth the edges, then blow it off with compressed air.

Then I sealed the cuts with a black paint marker, can use clear finger nail polish.

gerritm

• 3 weeks later...

We shoot a standard bolt with the Taccom barrel. I think it is a Spinta or New Frontier. Have shot both in it. Weight is in, nothing cut special. Works great with a CMC PCC trigger. She has shot a lot of rounds thru it since getting it about a year ago with no malfunctions. She smokes most of us with PCC and is transitioning to my open gun. Up until the Corona thing we shoot every weekend.

gerritm