Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vihtavuori N320 Out Everywhere

Flood

For those major .40 Limited shooters, yesterday I went to order N320 only to find in out everywhere I looked.  I called the US distributor and they said at least two months or maybe more before they get any more back in the country.

Did some research and decided to try Alliant e3 after several recommendations.  Ordered from Graf and Sons.

Cheers.

Go to every dealer you can and fill out when it’s back in stock to notify. That’s what I did and last Graf and sons notified me and I was able to score 4 lbs. also n330 is in stock at quite a few places and works great. It’s slower but everything else is good. Meters fine, and pretty clean and you a much better range of loads from minimum to max.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

e3, red dot, ba9.5, imr red, sport pistol

all outstanding substitutes for n320 and much cheaper. there are probably others too.

tell me more please, as much as I like 320 it is ridiculously expensive and hoping to save a few bucks for the best substitute is the price is considerable.

16 hours ago, Avenida said:

tell me more please, as much as I like 320 it is ridiculously expensive and hoping to save a few bucks for the best substitute is the price is considerable.

I used to use it, but back in 2012-2013 started trying other powders when I couldn't find n320. I think vectan prima sv and ba9.5 are actually better than n320 (and much cheaper), but I bought the last 26 lbs of prima sv in america last year, and they seem to have stopped importing it. sport pistol tho is pretty much available everywhere.

18 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

What does everyone think about shooters world Clean Shot?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Basically the old version of Accurate #2 before they went to a different manufacturer.  It is great stuff, meters well and burns clean. 

VV powder availability is too spotty to rely on.  My Limited major go to load for years was 3.6gr e3 under a poly coated 180 for 172 PF.  I went to 3.7gr for some different poly coated bullets.

On 3/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, Explosiveo said:

What does everyone think about shooters world Clean Shot?

Soft and insanely low ES and SD. I have switched to it for 9mm, 40, and 45. I just started trying it out about 5 weeks ago and ordered 4/5lb containers yesterday. Nice metering and as soft as Clays which I had used since 1992.

11 hours ago, Explosiveo said:

Thanks. I picked up some as well. I know N320 is very clean and soft shooting. I was wondering how Clean Shot compaired. Much better price. Not that it matters that much.

I was referring that I switched to Clean Shot. I got tired of the VV shortages 25 years ago. Never went back.