Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten weighted grips?

jeremy kemlo

1 hour ago, I20rider said:

We just need someone to step up and make a steel magwell for the cz.    

What would you be willing to pay for a steel magwell made for Open/Limited for the CZ 75 series or Shadow 2?

I am actually drawing a version but initally planned to have it made out of aluminium.

2mm tungsten spheres from eBay/Alibaba

Fill the cavity till approx 1mm below the top (best to do this on a scale so you can even it out). Mix some expoxy and pour it on. It will largely self level.

Mask up the grips before hand as it can make a bit of a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/16/2020 at 1:24 AM, jeremy kemlo said:

I have lok light weight palm swell grips. Is there a way to add weight to then by filling the void/milled out portion? Tungsten powder and epoxy?

There’s probably a bigger weight gain just buying their brass palm swells they are starting to make. One of the local guys did just what you are trying to do and only gained 0.8oz. Went from 1.3 to 2.1 oz. 

There’s probably a bigger weight gain just buying their brass palm swells they are starting to make. One of the local guys did just what you are trying to do and only gained 0.8oz. Went from 1.3 to 2.1 oz. 

I gained 8oz doing this to Techwell Positec’s in my 1911

3 minutes ago, Matt1 said:

I gained 8oz doing this to Techwell Positec’s in my 1911

He was using tungsten powder, the bb’s would probably be more of a gain. 

10 hours ago, Andy9 said:

I do like that. I really looked hard at CZ but settled on a 2011 for 3 gun. After market was my swing decider. This steel insert with a brass top is the bomb for the 2011. I wish the shadow 2 had this.

https://www.limcat.com/product-page/steel-insert-magwell-v1-fits-sti-sv-pt-grips

54 minutes ago, Andy9 said:

Has any one used these yet? What do you think? 

Worth it at 125.00

Capture.JPG

Mine will be here tomorrow, ordered last Tuesday (day after release) so probably not too many reviews yet. Looking forward to them.

So I received them this morning and they feel fantastic. Looks really cool too, like a custom weapon skin from a videogame.

I got the Aggressive version and it is insanely grippy. I'm slightly worried my delicate computer guy hands are going to grate off. Easily 2x more grip than the Henning aluminums that I also have. 

Added 9 oz of weight to my gun, it now feels like I'm holding a custom 2011 limited gun. 

alHZMww.jpg

31PvKXj.jpg

Please note I have a Fire 4 Effect Shadow 2 so it weighed 41oz before the grips were added.

13 hours ago, Wrecks said:

I got the Aggressive version and it is insanely grippy. I'm slightly worried my delicate computer guy hands are going to grate off. Easily 2x more grip than the Henning aluminums that I also have.

Do you know is it more or less aggressive than their G10 Bogies or similar?

14 hours ago, Wrecks said:

More. I've been using the bogies for a couple years and these feel like I'm gonna need some lotion after each range trip.

What is the story with the optics mount pictured. I have not seen a set up where screws go directly into the slide before. Is there a mounting plate involved somehow?

5 hours ago, Tok36 said:

What is the story with the optics mount pictured. I have not seen a set up where screws go directly into the slide before. Is there a mounting plate involved somehow?

Fire 4 Effect has a proprietary method for doing SRO mounting that is plateless.

http://www.fire-4-effect.com/CZ-SHADOW-2-CARRY-OPTICS-BUILD_p_260.html