Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legion X-5 Romeo 3 Mount Alternatives

Big Guy

Are there any other alternatives to the Springer plate mount for the Romeo3 Max?

My Springer mount for my Legion X-5 has less than 2K rounds and the mount lugs that hold the sight are almost gone.

Heard EGW has a mount for the X-5, but will it fit the R3M?

Edited by Big Guy

Since I'm already invested with the R3M and no R1Pro are currently available, the alternative plate is the next step.

Plan B is a R1 Pro whenever they are available at a reasonable price. Optics Planet indicates 1 month to ship.  Hopefully, they will forward a discount code soon.

Edited by Big Guy

I was looking at the Springer plate because I like the RTS2 and it has the same footprint. I would not think there would have been a problem with the Springer product.  Are they standing behind it with a replacement or refund ?  Also can you post a photo ?

A friend told me about, and just ordered an Outer Impact adapter plate for himself.  I am waiting till he gets it to see how it is.

Sight Plate.jpg

Wow,  It appears that the pins are shearing off.  I am interested to see what Springers reply is.  I have no experience mounting a DOT on a reciprocating slide, the ones I use are on a fixed portion of a firearm, and I have not heard anyone locally having problems with CO mounted DOTS.  I would have gone with the direct mount Romeo 1 Pro, But a 6 MOA dot is a little small for me.  Good luck with the Outer Impact and let us know how it works out.

Are they fixed pins or do you place them into the hole when you mount the RDS? The OuterImpact multi fit plate has pins you place yourself depending on the RDS you have, I bought one as back up for my X5 in case my R1 s#!t's itself but haven't had to fit it yet.

Edited by terrydoc

• 6 months later...