Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about TAC trigger for Q5 SF


DBlue
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here's a short and crappy video of the Overwatch trigger in my Q5 SF. I've got the green return spring and the Sprinco safety spring installed which results in a 3 3/8 lb pull. It was about 3lbs even with the red return spring. The trigger is a big improvement over my stock trigger which I was a little disappointed in. There's still some creep in the pull but the break is pretty crisp. 

 

https://youtu.be/0cYgNjiUuO8

Edited by dbpfa5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any reason why you didn't leave the red return spring in?

1 hour ago, dbpfa5 said:

Here's a short and crappy video of the Overwatch trigger in my Q5 SF. I've got the green return spring and the Sprinco safety spring installed which results in a 3 3/8 lb pull. It was about 3lbs even with the red return spring. The trigger is a big improvement over my stock trigger which I was a little disappointed in. There's still some creep in the pull but the break is pretty crisp. 

 

https://youtu.be/0cYgNjiUuO8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xanatos903 said:

Any reason why you didn't leave the red return spring in?

 

It's light enough for me with the green spring and I hate changing the springs. It seems simple enough to do but I always seem to have a hard time doing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, dbpfa5 said:

Here's a short and crappy video of the Overwatch trigger in my Q5 SF. I've got the green return spring and the Sprinco safety spring installed which results in a 3 3/8 lb pull. It was about 3lbs even with the red return spring. The trigger is a big improvement over my stock trigger which I was a little disappointed in. There's still some creep in the pull but the break is pretty crisp. 

 

https://youtu.be/0cYgNjiUuO8

Thanks a lot for the video. What grip is it? And why you are disappointed, since it's a big improvement? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, highhope said:

Thanks a lot for the video. What grip is it? And why you are disappointed, since it's a big improvement? 

The grips are the thin Lok grips. I'm happy with the trigger now. I was disappointed with the factory trigger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did get a chance to test it out and the grips and the Sprinco kit made a big difference. I really prefer the Loc grips over the stock ones, I feel that I can control the gun a lot better with these grips. The Sprinco springs made a big difference in the pull weight of the trigger....I polished the contact points of the trigger bar and polished the striker safety plunger and installed the springs...the trigger is about 3 1/2 lbs now. I then took the trigger block out and drilled and tapped the block and installed a set screw to adjust the creep out...after adjusting the creep out of the trigger it's now a nice light clean break with no creep.... it's absolutely awesome now....I've got a Sig P210A Target that is very accurate, but now it doesn't have anything over on this Q5....I actually like shooting this Q5 better now....:)

IMG_1129.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's great to hear!!  I'm still torn -  Overwatch kit - or - Sprinco springs, polishing and set screw mod - or wait for the Apex trigger that never seems to get done?

 

Good to have choices at least and with matches being cancelled left and right, I'll have plenty of time to think it over.

 

Thanks for the write up.

 

Phil 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2020 at 7:33 PM, philmadxx said:

That's great to hear!!  I'm still torn -  Overwatch kit - or - Sprinco springs, polishing and set screw mod - or wait for the Apex trigger that never seems to get done?

 

Good to have choices at least and with matches being cancelled left and right, I'll have plenty of time to think it over.

 

Thanks for the write up.

 

Phil 

I just got mine installed this week and put about 300 down range yesterday. Biggest benefit of the trigger is it keeps the sharp break and reset of the factory trigger but it gets the trigger an acceptable amount of take up. Lok thin grips on mine as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Apexer said:

I called again Thursday. They said it would be may, maybe later due to the pandemic. 

 

That's too bad - their posts sound like it is imminent - like a week or so, not months.  Oh well, I will probably order the overwatch.  

 

Thanks for calling.

 

Phil  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, philmadxx said:

 

That's too bad - their posts sound like it is imminent - like a week or so, not months.  Oh well, I will probably order the overwatch.  

 

Thanks for calling.

 

Phil  


A buddy has an overwatch with sprinco springs. I installed a setscrew behind the sear to delete the creep from it as mentioned above.

 

Turned out pretty sweet:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2020 at 7:25 PM, dbpfa5 said:

Hmm, I need to find someone with a drill press. 

No you don’t. I promise you can drill this by hand - going in dead square actually isn’t critical. Drilling it in the right spot? That is.

 

mark you height and width precisely, heat a nail up, and press it into the plastic in exactly that spot to make a center-punch style mark to center your bit.

 

Just make sure it’s straight in relation to the gun’s bore. Tipped a few degrees up or down would be completely functional and acceptable. The one I did actually isn’t parallel to the sear and will work just fine.

 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PNWWaltherShooter said:

Do you know if the sear housing in the SF is the same as in the poly? I have the creep adjustment on my poly q5, but want to get a steel frame... Could I just switch the housing and be good to go?

I do not know.

 

I believe it is, but you’ll have to try it and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...