Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Component Run?

iflyskyhigh

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, OptimiStick said:

Take that back. Lohman Arms has some inventory. Not alot, and it's going fast....but you can still get primers.

I ordered 10K CCI SP primers from Lohman, but they are backordered.  Price was fine and I should have them in advance of need.

Edited by RickT

During the Obama years, a lot of us learned the hard way how supplies could dry up. I remember having friends who couldn't shoot matches because they had trouble finding enough ammo or primers/powder. Since then, I've never let myself drop below 15k primers and 12lbs or so of powder. Worried this year could be a wild ride.

I suppose it's a weird time to be just starting out in reloading; I'm stocking up on components before I even have my press in anticipation of an ongoing shortage. 😅

Just managed to snag up the last of PowderValley's stock of Federal #200 SPM.

Lohman seems to be the only remaining place with any kind of decent quantities left; they have Winchester SPP and Winchester SRP still, get them before they're gone!

Edited by kamber

I am stocked for a while. Only thing I wanted (but actually have enough for a bit) is some M34 primers. Found them at Midsouth. They also had SW Precision in stock which I have been wanting to compare to my Varget so I ordered some of that. 

Not sure why folks complain so much about “hazmat”. It’s not that expensive. $13 isn’t bad.... 

pro tip.... when companies like Brownell’s offer free hazmat, avoid it. Their other coupons tend to be better especially if you buy enough. Also, a sale on powder or primers is better than free hazmat. Sometimes sales end when they offer free hazmat. That doesn’t fool me.

Edited by DJRyan13

I was well stocked , but I ordered some more stuff from Lohman’s anyway.  They emailed me yesterday explaining they were packing my order and had it all except Winchester  large pistol primers, and asked to substitute TulAmmo non-corrosive LP.   So they still have some stock, but it’s going quick.  

luckily my habit of always picking up a case or two fo SP at gun shows paid off by creating an inadvertent stockpile