Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texaspaul

no asking if I can use a S&W 380 Shield EZ can be used in SC.  I have tried to get my Glock with a  Springco 10 lb recoil spring and included stricker spring to function with 105 grain Bayou bullet and 3.5gr of Tightgroup load with no success - it ejects the case but does not return to battery completely and when I pull the trigger I get a light primer strike. If I shove the slide forward after shooting a round and before pulling trigger it fires.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:39 PM, Texaspaul said:

it ejects the case but does not return to battery completely 

Does this happen most of the time, or just occasionally ?

There are other potential causes of it not returning to battery - 

the springs, high primers, too little crimp, OAL too high, etc.

Seems to me that you Should be able to get you Glock running

with that load.

But, if you eliminate other possible problems, perhaps adding

another 0.01 or 0.02 grains TG might do the trick.

12 minutes ago, ezra650 said:

If someone were able to shoot 380 in steel challenge there would be a tongue lashing of the century from all the reloaders who shoot 9mm and collect brass. Dont do it! 🤬 

Oh, we do love some 380 brass.

It did it on every shot with 100 PF and factory loads.  I changed back to factory recoil and hammer spring works like a charm with factory ammo. still will not eject 100 PF stuff.

so i would pick the brass up to reload myself -  LOL 

The recoil spring does multiple things, it absorbs recoil after the cartridge is detonated, but also must have enough stored energy after being compressed to overcome the magazine spring tension to strip the next cartridge out of the magazine returning the firearm to battery. Sometime finding that balance is tricky.  There are probably some guys in the gunsmith section who have tuned Glocks to work with 100 power factor loads. Hope you get it running !