Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Covid-19 (Corona Virus)

No, it's fake news but it can come in handy. 

I rarely get sick or need anything like that but a couple of days ago I got poison ivy really bad. I went to the dr today and got a script for some steroids stuff. I absolutely hate going to CVS (the drug store). There's always 1 person working there, your stuck in line for an hour with people that really are sick, breathing on you and stinking like cigarettes. Did I mention I hate it. 

Well I came up with a plan and it worked. I put on one of those dumb masks, a winter jacket (it was 70 degrees today). I walked in there coughing my lungs out and acting like I was freezing. 

I was in and out in 5 minutes.  

This medicine is keeping me awake though, I must have read 40 full threads this morning. I think I'm going to go make some ammo before everyone wakes up. 

Sounds like we'll know in 6-10 days how well Americans applied "social distancing". We are certainly having an issue interpreting what that means to each of us.

It is interesting to see the extreme application in China (did you see the video of a loudspeaker placed in the street telling people to stay inside for weeks?) and how quickly it appears to have rounded the curve there.

I wish we had more insight into the European countries virus data and their application of social distancing.

Things are moving too fast and we don't have time to learn from other's.

40 minutes ago, IronicTwitch said:

Sounds like we'll know in 6-10 days how well Americans applied "social distancing". We are certainly having an issue interpreting what that means to each of us.

It is interesting to see the extreme application in China (did you see the video of a loudspeaker placed in the street telling people to stay inside for weeks?) and how quickly it appears to have rounded the curve there.

I wish we had more insight into the European countries virus data and their application of social distancing.

Things are moving too fast and we don't have time to learn from other's.

Control is always easier in totalitarian societies.  We'll handle it our own way.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

I want to set the record straight on the recirculated air on commercial airliners, all the air you are breathing in flight is coming off the engines, its called bleed air, on. a 737-700/800 only 10% is recirculated and that air goes through a bad ass HEPA filter(that is changed every few months) before being reintroduced into the cabin, all the air in the cabin is coming out of the ceiling and is being drawn down to return air vents close to the floor, and is then vented overboard through an outflow valve in the tail of the airplane, the recirculated air comes from the baggage bin, not the cabin.  I know these things from 33 years of being a aircraft mechanic, 23 at Southwest Airlines.

2 hours ago, 427Cobra said:

I want to set the record straight on the recirculated air on commercial airliners, all the air you are breathing in flight is coming off the engines, its called bleed air, on. a 737-700/800 only 10% is recirculated and that air goes through a bad ass HEPA filter(that is changed every few months) before being reintroduced into the cabin, all the air in the cabin is coming out of the ceiling and is being drawn down to return air vents close to the floor, and is then vented overboard through an outflow valve in the tail of the airplane, the recirculated air comes from the baggage bin, not the cabin.  I know these things from 33 years of being a aircraft mechanic, 23 at Southwest Airlines.

Shhhh.......facts are not allowed when people are busy doing this

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, SV650Squid said:

DoD just travel restricted everyone, so I'm glad I hadn't paid for any matches yet.  Was planning on going to 2 next month.  Now I can't.

Are you in the military? 

If not, do you think your employer can tell you what to do in your time off work without consequence?

2 hours ago, mesa3gunner said:

I'm going to meet over 400 people this weekend as a CRO at the SMM3G. We'll take the usual precautions like we always do during flu season. No hugging, kissing or hand shaking.

Gonna be a lot less than 400, trust me.

I don't even know anyone (yet) who has it.  Hundreds of clients and their families from all over creation, friends and family, church members, etc...thankfully no one has it to our knowledge.  It seems kind of odd that we have to remind people to wash their hands and not sneeze on their neighbor.  Didn't we learn that around age 4 or 5?  I had a client tell me something funny today...he got off a flight and went to wash his hands in the airport.  He said for the first time in his life, he had to wait in line to wash his hands in the men's room.  Think about that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a co-worker test positive over the weekend. My desk is adjacent to said co-worker. Myself, two other grunts, Supervisor, Dept. Manager, GM of branch are all on forced quarantine working from home for at least one week. Infected co-worker was last at work 13 days ago when they left to work from home out of precaution.

I'm not too concerned...

May end up getting paid to dry fire and get some loading done!

• 4 weeks later...

Anecdotally, I have one employee of 72 who has been very I'll since this all started although he's in his twenties, didn't need hospitalization and is doing fine now.  His doctors told him to self isolate, but never tested him for Covid-19.

I have a single Facebook friend (of close to 500) who claims to have had it, but again, wasn't tested.

It just seems like if this is as big a deal as the media and the government have made it out to be, I should be able to find someone in my sphere of influence effected by the virus.

I know plenty of people deeply effected by the economic fallout of the government response 🤔

4 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

It just seems like if this is as big a deal as the media and the government have made it out to be, I should be able to find someone in my sphere of influence effected by the virus.

I know plenty of people deeply effected by the economic fallout of the government response 🤔

This

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish we would get real data and real information.  I don't think that is going to ever happen.   I am not saying COVID is not a serious illness and we should be diligent in ways to slow the spread.  With that said, I have a niece that has performed 108 antibody tests on individuals who swore they had COVID.  All of them came up negative.  I am curious to what the real numbers are.  Like I said we will never know.