Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not shaking hands...

p7fl

Tomorrow will be weird. Not shaking hands?

I’ve shot mostly with 4 different clubs for the past 25 years. Different clubs, different guys, friends, that I enjoy seeing every month. Its Florida so we don’t have a shooting season.

Last weekend I tried  not shaking hands, but it was automatic with 5 or 6 guys putting their hands out and I naturally responded.

Tomorrow is a USPSA match with 130 shooters and I really enjoy the crowd at this club.

No way I am elbow bumping, and fist bumps went out with Obama.

Just going to be weird.

jon

Edited by p7fl

shaking hands is the weird part. I dont do it anyways. Usually you'll get a head nod or an " I dont shake hands. Nor am I gonna do any of that other nonsense. Some people get butthurt,, I dont care. Just really have no need to touch anyone.

36 minutes ago, p7fl said:

Tomorrow will be weird. Not shaking hands?

I’ve shot mostly with 4 different clubs for the past 25 years. Different clubs, different guys, friends, that I enjoy seeing every month. Its Florida so we don’t have a shooting season.

Last weekend I tried  not shaking hands, but it was automatic with 5 or 6 guys putting their hands out and I naturally responded.

Tomorrow is a USPSA match with 130 shooters and I really enjoy the crowd at this club.

No way I am elbow bumping, and fist bumps went out with Obama.

Just going to be weird.

jon

I'll shake hands and I'm what is now considered higher risk being 60 yo. If you are close enough to breathe the same air, touch anything at check in, touch a timer or pad, safe table, touch pasters or targets, etc,etc you are going to be exposed.

From what I gather everyone will eventually be exposed to the covid-19 virus. Draconian measures to avoid it will only slow the spread. I'm 67 and will CRO stage 10 at the SMM3G in a week with people from everywhere (only the teams from the Marine Corps and Army have dropped out so far because they are forbidden to travel right now but I'm sure they would come too if they were allowed to). Live fearlessly my friends. DO NOT. I reapeat. DO NOT go out and buy more toilet paper!! LMAO!!

6 hours ago, mesa3gunner said:

...Draconian measures to avoid it will only slow the spread.... 

image.png.cfa6a7aa3fe229e37d6fb14552133b5c.png

As a Physician, listening to advice like this is similar to  Joe D-class giving a GM tips on transitions 

Slowing the spread is what allows the healthcare system to accommodate all the critically ill patients.  If they all get sick at once, there might not be enough ventilators available  for some of the BOCs (could be you).   Listen to Anthony Fauci. All you armchair Virologists need to stay in your lane. 

On 3/15/2020 at 4:37 AM, Balakay said:

image.png.cfa6a7aa3fe229e37d6fb14552133b5c.png

As a Physician, listening to advice like this is similar to  Joe D-class giving a GM tips on transitions 

Slowing the spread is what allows the healthcare system to accommodate all the critically ill patients.  If they all get sick at once, there might not be enough ventilators available  for some of the BOCs (could be you).   Listen to Anthony Fauci. All you armchair Virologists need to stay in your lane. 

^^^^^^^^^^^  This.  The point is to flatten the curve to attempt to keep the number of sick lower than the number of physicians, and more importantly the limited number of ventilators to treat them.  If we outstrip those capabilities TP will be the least of anybody's worries.  

• 2 years later...
On 3/19/2020 at 10:14 PM, Neomet said:

^^^^^^^^^^^  This.  The point is to flatten the curve to attempt to keep the number of sick lower than the number of physicians, and more importantly the limited number of ventilators to treat them.  If we outstrip those capabilities TP will be the least of anybody's worries.  

Just two more weeks should get it done.

• 3 weeks later...