Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW 10x Bushing and IDPA

Mikemiller69gs

Reading about the Cajun barrel bushing and trying to understand the legality in IDPA SSP. My CZ SP01 has a factory bushing already and the Cajun version appears to be a drop in, so why is it illegal? It doesn’t require machining like the CZC version, so I’m confused. Sorry if this has been answered before but I searched and didn’t find a reason. 

Pardon some of my newbie questions. 2019 was my first year shooting competitively, long time shooter just not competitive. Last year I used my Walther Q5 match and I changed nothing. That said, I always shot my 1911 better which lead me to the CZ. Metal frame and DA/SA attracted me. Shot me first match with it this past weekend and I was pleased. I’m never going to win the class (no teenager) but I have a few buddies and we compete at the matches and bench race between matches. It’s great fun and we are learning. Thank you in advance for any help

Mike

The CZ Custom Accu-bushing looks like the one on a 1911.....

accu_bushing_gen2_logo.jpg

It requires milling of the slide on the front and as far as I can tell is not allowed for SSP in IDPA but should be fine for ESP and USPSA Production.  The Cajun 10X bushing...

7510X.jpg

EDIT:

Update: searching back, the CJW 10X was deemed ILLegal for SSP in IDPA because you could see it from the outside of the gun, I guess around the muzzle.  I don't know if that has changed recently, and frankly I don't know if someone could tell if you didn't inform them.  Searching to see if it's still not allowed.

It IS permitted for Production in USPSA.

Edited by MoRivera

Like Mo said...show me an average SO or CSO that would be able to determine the differences between a 10x bushing and a regular bushing on inspection, much less know that it's not a regular replacement part.

Sometimes, when you ask too many questions, you get extra unenforceable rules as a result. Just look at the offshore oil & gas industry offshore as an example.