Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else excited for these slides?

Apolo

13 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Same for me, except I just got a 9mm barrel and threw it in my 40 slide and it works great. 

I will be getting one of these slides for CO, but for now my 40 slide is working fine with the PD 9mm barrel. 

Thanks for the heads up. Did you change your extractor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, 9mm extractor. 

I had some extraction failures in the beginning, but ONLY with Blazer ammo. There's another guy somewhere in the tanfo section here with the same issue in his normal 9mm Stock 2. I took some material off the pad on the extractor so it would have more tension on the rim and those issues went away. 

4 hours ago, waktasz said:

Yes, 9mm extractor. 

I had some extraction failures in the beginning, but ONLY with Blazer ammo. There's another guy somewhere in the tanfo section here with the same issue in his normal 9mm Stock 2. I took some material off the pad on the extractor so it would have more tension on the rim and those issues went away. 

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Badluck2 said:

Does anyone know when these will be coming out on the market?

Not long. Don't forget you guys can send in your current slides for cuts too. If desired in mean time. Lots coming. Patients....I know it's hard trust me.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, waktasz said:

Same for me, except I just got a 9mm barrel and threw it in my 40 slide and it works great. 

I will be getting one of these slides for CO, but for now my 40 slide is working fine with the PD 9mm barrel. 

This is kind of a game changer for me.  Did you get one from PD and fit it yourself?

• 4 weeks later...

So I see PD is taking pre orders for new slides. I see that they have options that you can pick from but are they going to look like the ones that were posted here on the forms? It looks like that they are reproducing stock style I may be wrong but I was really hoping that they would look like the ones in the pictures here.

Not sure but I reached out to them as to the availability and options on slide cuts and they said that more will be posted at the end of the week on their website.......

I did not get any emails from PD about the preorder,  but I saw this and just went ahead ordered one for Romeo3 XL.   

It's the same fit as R3 Max, right?

There are a bunch of optics cut options listed. 

23 hours ago, Sc0 said:

I wonder?

Stock 3 frame

PD custom 4.5" lightened slide

4.75" threaded match barrel

Steel coned compensator

Didn't see those options in the drop down menu 😁

RIGHT!!   ......

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email from them after my inquiry...was told due to my pre-order would be one of the first to receive it in about 4 weeks.

10 hours ago, RGC said:

Received an email from them after my inquiry...was told due to my pre-order would be one of the first to receive it in about 4 weeks.

RGC,  I also received a email today from them . But my inquiry was about slides for open guns. And what the slides were going to look like. There reply was.........."You can have a bald slide which mimics the factory or can get an enhanced slide from us as well. No problem on finishing out to an open slide. We’ll be sending an email out next week."...... I do not know what configuration you ordered but would be very interested in what your slide will look like. Please post pics. I am hoping that the slides look like the pics posted here and that is what they mean by enhanced slide.

I was told the slide in the OP's photo is not what the pre-order is for.  The photo is the Enhanced version, of which the pre-order has not yet been offered.  However there is the option to upgrade to it coming in the near future.......little confusing with this post likely confusing the confusing info on PD's website........so guess the current pre-order is for the bone stock version and the new enhanced (told starts at $525) has that pre-order coming soon...

On 3/13/2020 at 7:40 PM, ahfox32 said:

Looks like a bull barrel. I really like my new match xtreme with a 6" barrel and longer sighting plane. 

The Match is one of the few guns made without a rail, that will get my business before a railed gun will be a blip on my radar screen.

I have a Match in 9mm, it's the most natural pointing handgun I own or have owned. I will be looking for a .40 xtreme later in the year. 

23 hours ago, RGC said:

I was told the slide in the OP's photo is not what the pre-order is for.  The photo is the Enhanced version, of which the pre-order has not yet been offered.  However there is the option to upgrade to it coming in the near future.......little confusing with this post likely confusing the confusing info on PD's website........so guess the current pre-order is for the bone stock version and the new enhanced (told starts at $525) has that pre-order coming soon...

Yikes! .....$525 for a enhanced slide is a little much more than I was planing on spending. I may just stick with a stock slide for my open build.

Those slides are cool but not $525 cool!!! .......😕 To bad!...... I also agree that the PD website is confusing. 

• 2 months later...

I got mine last week, but just started to mess around with them seriously today.

The build and quality is outstanding. The fit is very tight. Due to the infamous Tanfo tolerance variations, my 4 frames/barrels behave differently with the 4 PD slides (2 for R3Max and 2 for SRO). I have yet to shoot any but expect to be able to test them out next week.

As in the pics, the slides are stroked and rib corner smoothed. I will be replacing my factory slides cut for Venoms with these.c04f7c197613924c0d81399bda2d6532.jpgc5c9ae319aff6350a32df023ea70a361.jpg512290fa73f2510bc91b3d5770f1100e.jpg

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk