Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas or Cheely

Fasthenk65

Living in Europe importing a hi-level 2011 from the USA is extremely expensive. Need serious advise.

Should I go for Cheely or Atlas for a Standard Gun (Limited .40 as you call it in US).

TNX!!! Henk 

Is there any brand of 2011 that has a service and customer support structure there? If so, i'd seriously consider that one. 

As a data point, I've seen a fair number of Atlas guns at 3 gun and USPSA matches the last year (mostly titans, mostly 9mm) which is pretty significant representation for the price point. There didn't seem to be a lot of drama with them though, which is a good sign. As for Cheely, can't put forth anything like an opinion. I haven't seen too many in this neck of the woods. Or I haven't noticed them. There's something to be said for a distinct look. 

20 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Is there any brand of 2011 that has a service and customer support structure there? If so, i'd seriously consider that one. 

As a data point, I've seen a fair number of Atlas guns at 3 gun and USPSA matches the last year (mostly titans, mostly 9mm) which is pretty significant representation for the price point. There didn't seem to be a lot of drama with them though, which is a good sign. As for Cheely, can't put forth anything like an opinion. I haven't seen too many in this neck of the woods. Or I haven't noticed them. There's something to be said for a distinct look. 

🙂 lucky enough my LGS is an expert in 2011's so I don't worry so much about parts / service... Just wonder about experts opinions. From a look point of view I like the Cheely (lot's) and I like their E2 grips (lot's).

12 minutes ago, waktasz said:

If I lived over there I'd get a CZ TSO and be done with it.

But I do love my Cheely gun. 

Had a TSO, could not get used to the extreme light trigger (600 grams...)

3 hours ago, waktasz said:

yea, they are super light. There has to be a way to make that heavier .
Or maybe a Tanfo Limited Custom?

Had many Tanfo's. Liked them but... quality... replacing extractor every 2000 rounds (then they cracked, with heavy bullets but still)... I want a 2011 🙂 

3 hours ago, waktasz said:

yea, they are super light. There has to be a way to make that heavier .
Or maybe a Tanfo Limited Custom?

There is a solution: heavier trigger spring (Shadow 2) next to the original then its 2, something pounds but trigger looses it's ' crispness' then so I sold it. Bought an used Edge recently with Cheely E2 grip , like it and now wanna step up!

Edited by Fasthenk65

Not that you asked about them, but...

What about BUL Armory?  They build some very nice pistols and although Israel isn't technically Europe, maybe it's easier/cheaper to get stuff from there (I'm spitballing here so be kind). 

It's just a thought.   

20 hours ago, Tophernj said:

Not that you asked about them, but...

What about BUL Armory?  They build some very nice pistols and although Israel isn't technically Europe, maybe it's easier/cheaper to get stuff from there (I'm spitballing here so be kind). 

It's just a thought.   

I just like the custom USA guns more 🙂

I used to shoot CZ TSOs a LOT. Now I am shooting Atlas. I wish I got the atlas (And 2011 in general) sooner. I am sure Cheely is pretty good as well. I do think the business organization and the customer support of Atlas is superior

On 3/12/2020 at 2:10 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Living in Europe importing a hi-level 2011 from the USA is extremely expensive. Need serious advise.

Should I go for Cheely or Atlas for a Standard Gun (Limited .40 as you call it in US).

TNX!!! Henk 

Cheely has one available right now...

https://ccgunworks.com/pistols/