Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness slide compatibility

gnappi

I'm looking for a .40 top end that fits my full size 9mm Witness "Match" and I located a complete Witness .40 slide that just indicates it's from a PF Witness. I take it as Polymer Full size? Does anyone know if the slide on the PF is compatible with a Full size steel frame?

Edited by gnappi

As far as I know the polymer and steel frames have the same rail dimensions, I have a small frame polymer and have put that slide on my steel small frame guns. the contour of the slide may be different than you are used to on a steel framed gun, on mine the slide is wider than a regular slide behind the ejection port (above the rails) fits on the frame fine just looks a bit different.

This morning I received a complete Witness "Stock" 4 1/2" slide for my early 2000 Witness 10mm compact and the slide fit perfectly.

Rather than starting another thread, one question I have... Are the Witness 9mm mags usable (reliably) with .40 ammo? I have a pot load of EAA 9mm mags and I'd rather not dump wads of cash into .40 mags unless there were reliability issues using 9mm mags for .40.

At some point soon I'll settle this at the range but experiences from others who may have a much larger round count than I'd be able to do in a day will be useful.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...