Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Carry slide milling

joenuclear

I would like to have my X-Carry slide milled for an RMR with a Sig rear sight dovetail forward of the optic. Does the fact that the X-Carry is already cut for the Romeo 1 stop me from getting this work done? If not who can perform the work?

TIA

23 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

just get an adapter plate from springer precision

That would raise the red dot sight and would not address getting the rear sight in front of the optic.

Edited by joenuclear
clarity

Here's my X-Carry that I had cut for RMR. This slide has the Romeo 1 cut, if yours is cut for a DPP, you will not be able to mount the RMR without a plate. Sig has hogged out the bottom side of the slide so much that there's not enough material to recut the slide with recoil bosses. What me and my buddy determined was that we needed to mill the front portion of the cut just a touch and then drill & tap the holes. We used a CNC machine to do the milling and drilling & tapping, because it needed to be very precise. This would allow the optic needed to be sandwiched front to back to insure there wouldn't be added stress on the bolts. FYI, one of the bolt holes for the RMR pattern will have to go through the extractor spring channel. You will need to file down some of the bolt to prevent it from rubbing, you wont need to take much off depending on the length of the bolts you use, It took only a few passes of a hand file to achieve the clearance needed. Also, there's not enough material to achieve irons forward without potentially weakening the breach face If you're looking to get this done hit up my buddy Will at Mac Defense Industries in Woodstock GA, tell him Anthony sent you, if you have Instagram look him up at MacDefenseind. He also did the Stippling on the grip

IMG_1514.jpg

Edited by PewPewJohnson87

Are you looking for something like this? I had Vulcan Machine Werks mill my X-carry for a RMR / Holosun and they milled it for a rear sight. They use Glock rear sight as it's a bit thiner than a Sig sight. I'm not sure if they could mill a sight in front of the optic but it would be worth asking them.

IMG-6953.jpg

Edited by S391

Have you seen this line of P320's that Sig started selling? It's the RXP line they come with front and rear suppressor height iron sights in addition to a Romeo1 Pro. Retail is $900-$1100 depending on barrel length you choose

image.png.1bc8cb2be540af24599cf682fc856707.png

On 3/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, rlapid216 said:

Have you seen this line of P320's that Sig started selling? It's the RXP line they come with front and rear suppressor height iron sights in addition to a Romeo1 Pro. Retail is $900-$1100 depending on barrel length you choose

image.png.1bc8cb2be540af24599cf682fc856707.png

No, I haven't seen them. Thanks.

I've narrowed down the slide milling to a couple of options but no one seems to have plain black suppressor height sights to fit the Sig. Will the front sight .395" Tall x .125" Notch Width Serrated and the rear sight .400" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated  from Dawson be tall enough to be seen over the RMR? 

On 3/20/2020 at 9:30 AM, joenuclear said:

I've narrowed down the slide milling to a couple of options but no one seems to have plain black suppressor height sights to fit the Sig. Will the front sight .395" Tall x .125" Notch Width Serrated and the rear sight .400" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated  from Dawson be tall enough to be seen over the RMR? 

not sure about the measurements, but I found these sights https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-cowitness-plain-black-rear-sight-sig-p226-p320/ for the rear, and these https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-cowitness-plain-black-front-sight-sig-p226-p320/ for the front. Unfortunately they're not in stock

On 3/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, joenuclear said:

I'd ask Dawson.

They will know.

You will have to tell them whether you want Absolute or Lower 1/3 Co-Witness.