Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 weak hand grip location

a2holes

Hello

A few weeks ago I decided to switch from a Glock 34 to a STI EDGE.

I am struggling with getting my grip on the new platform specifically my weak hand.

With the Glock I was in the habit of getting my weak hand palm as high as possible on the frame to help control the gun.  When I do think with the STI my palm under my weak hand thumb rubs on the thumb safety.  After some dry fire I am developing a callus on the spot of my weak hand. 

When I lower my weak hand slightly to sit just underneath the thumb safety it feels like I do not have good control over the pistol.    

My question is should I start to train myself to get my weak hand to ride just below the thumb safety or is pressing down and in the the thumb safety an OK technique on a 2011?

Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

Do you have any photos of the grips you mention?  

I can take some.  I have been doing lots of dry fire and am getting more comfortable with the 2011 platform.  Before this my experience had been with the Glock.  There are a few difference that felt weird at first but am getting used to it now.

Competition: Glock 17 with a DeltaPoint pro or Glock 34

Work: Glock 17

Carry: Glock 19 or Dan Wesson CBOB (if I’m feeling fancy)

No I’m not a Glock fanboy, they just happen to be what I shoot the most, and have the most time with. I love shooting my marauder, but it’s 9mm so that seems to be quite a disadvantage for uspsa, and am also a huge CZ fan, but find its a lot easier for me to get reps and practice in with my Glocks with work situation. Maybe someday I will have more time and funds....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competition: Glock 17 with a DeltaPoint pro or Glock 34

Work: Glock 17

Carry: Glock 19 or Dan Wesson CBOB (if I’m feeling fancy)

No I’m not a Glock fanboy, they just happen to be what I shoot the most, and have the most time with. I love shooting my marauder, but it’s 9mm so that seems to be quite a disadvantage for uspsa, and am also a huge CZ fan, but find its a lot easier for me to get reps and practice in with my Glocks with work situation. Maybe someday I will have more time and funds....

I apologize I was trying to reply to the thread about carry vs comp pistols. I don’t know how it ended up in this thread.