Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Applying the new USPSA rules

Andy9

I was thinking about the updated rules that apply to production and CO.

The rules state that you can replace the slide and barrel with OFM or aftermarket....

That sounds like the CZ 75 SP01 Bull Shadow 9mm and Shadow 2 Bull Shadow are now ligit to use.

Is my thinking in line? The CZ 75 Bull Shadow 4.925 inch barrel (42 oz.) has been on the production list, so the barrel and slide are good to go.

Capture.JPG

Was it an overall weight issue before that kept the the SP01 version of the Bull Shadow off the Production list, or manufacturing numbers?  I also thought that the resulting configuration with a replacement slide etc had to conform with a model that's already in production and approved.  I know that limited has some leeway was to what the resulting configuration is, but that's limited.

Edited by MoRivera

11 hours ago, Chompion said:

I was wondering the same thing s2 and sp01 lowers are approved. In theory the bull upper is just an aftermarket barrel and slide

Keep in mind you'll have to mill your existing dustcover a bit to fit the Bull upper, assuming you have a regular 75B/SP01/Shadow 1.

How long until custom 1911 builders jump on board building custom production and CO guns? At this point you can change basically everything on the gun just start with a approved frame. So they build a DA/SA limited minor gun that fits the box and doesn't weight more then 3.5 pounds empty.

47 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

It's still in there!  I mentioned I want one with the RDS plate system, and it's threatening to jump out the window.

I thought about Carrie Ops but, about as much as I'd want to invest it would be an EAA mc28 Garcon 350.00 from cdnn plus shipping

mc28sa-t_f-1.jpg