Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stiffening mag release button...help

cheers623

I’m almost ready to jump in on the X5 Legion but have one recurring problem I’ve consistently encountered with a few of these on local ranges. 

Im left handed and have Size XXL mitts... So, very often I am able to squeeze through the web of my middle finger on my left hand with my support hand grip and press the mag release button and dump a magazine while shooting. It’s not an extended version or anything. Factory, stock configuration. So here’s the question: is it possible to boost or tighten the spring on the mag release? I do this on my 1911/2011 guns and never have problems once I do. Not knowing how these work on a P320, I’m looking for first hand experience and knowledge. 

Thanks for looking and any help!

1 hour ago, cheers623 said:

I’m almost ready to jump in on the X5 Legion but have one recurring problem I’ve consistently encountered with a few of these on local ranges. 

Im left handed and have Size XXL mitts... So, very often I am able to squeeze through the web of my middle finger on my left hand with my support hand grip and press the mag release button and dump a magazine while shooting. It’s not an extended version or anything. Factory, stock configuration. So here’s the question: is it possible to boost or tighten the spring on the mag release? I do this on my 1911/2011 guns and never have problems once I do. Not knowing how these work on a P320, I’m looking for first hand experience and knowledge. 

Thanks for looking and any help!

It sounds like you need to reverse the mag release button for left-handed function.

• 4 months later...

I’m a lefty and I was dropping mags too. I took the mag button out and reshaped it so it is lower profile and rounded toward the front. I use my index finger to press it. I have one that is smooth and I cut some lines and blued another one. Both work great.