Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The evil mag limiter, what are you using if you have to

docscoutjr

Just a word of caution - temporary mag limiters do not bring you into legal compliance in a variety of locations. I don't know the mag laws all over North America, but at the very least, in NJ, you are still in possession of a high cap mag and if found, will likely be arrested and prosecuted. Mags must be "permanently" blocked. Most interpret that to mean drilled and riveted, at the very least.

1 hour ago, ClangClang said:

Just a word of caution - temporary mag limiters do not bring you into legal compliance in a variety of locations. I don't know the mag laws all over North America, but at the very least, in NJ, you are still in possession of a high cap mag and if found, will likely be arrested and prosecuted. Mags must be "permanently" blocked. Most interpret that to mean drilled and riveted, at the very least.

So true. From what I understand the Canadians have this down to a fine art. They cross the border every weekend to shoot. 

9 hours ago, Cuz said:

Can anyone provide pics of this mod?
Along with instructions any idiot could follow?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlas Gunworks sells ready made “Canadian” inserts.

https://atlasgunworks.com/product/atlas-gunworks-mag-capacity-limiter/

I can take some pics of my mags later today too. 

7 hours ago, CalTeacher said:

There’s also the easy option of buying 10rd mags 

STI 10 round mags are only 126mm and the MBX 140mm 10 round mags are $130/ea. 

I’d rather spend $20-60 in parts vs $650 in mags. Additionally, the couple people I know locally that have the mbx’s are very disappointed in their performance. 

4 hours ago, HI5-O said:

How do you clean the insides between stages?

I use a piece of flat stock 1/2 as wide as the atlas one. Can still pull the spring and follower out easily but still stops it when loaded to not accept more than 10.