Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ToddKS

9MM Brass: Current Status & Wait List UPDATED 6/5/2020

Posted (edited)

I have a wait list that I am adding names to for future shipments of 9mm brass.  Due to the current issues being caused by the COVID-19 virus I am not able to provide any delivery forecast.  You will receive a notification 2 weeks prior to shipment.  If everyone on the list actually takes what they have reserved I would expect it to be late summer for someone adding their name to the list at this time.

Pricing will be provided at time of notification. It will be determined by the salvage price of brass at the time of notification. I have provided the current anticipated pricing in the 9mm pricing thread.

A certain percentage of the brass I take in ends up being recycled.  The price I charge per box of 9mm brass is based on the expectation that I have positive margin on this activity.  Unfortunately due to the recent market downturn the salvage price is lower than the price I am paying for brass so I am losing money on the portion that has to be recycled.  This is what is driving the variability in pricing.  It is not any attempt to take advantage of an unfortunate situation.

ADDITIONAL UPDATES WILL BE ADDED IN REPLIES BELOW.  PRICING THREAD UPDATED 4/3/2020.

Thanks,

Todd

Edited by ToddKS

Posted (edited)

Thank you for keeping everyone informed, PM'd you to be added to the waitlist.

Edited by kamber

9 hours ago, kamber said:

Thank you for keeping everyone informed, PM'd you to be added to the waitlist.

PM Replied

I have updated the 9mm Pricing thread with the current pricing as of today.  Going forward all 9mm brass will be shipped roll sized.

At this time the range that I get my brass from has been forced to close temporarily so I do not know when I will be receiving more brass to process.  I will provide updates via this thread as the situation evolves.  For now I am finishing up everything that I have on hand and will ship as many orders from the waitlist as I can.

Thanks,

Todd

5/16/2020 update:  The range that I get my brass from reopened but business has been slow for the last month.  I just finished rough sorting the brass that I have picked up since they reopened and it should be enough to finish out my April backorders and allow me to ship a box or two for the guys who were originally promised shipment the first week of May.

The good news is that Kansas loosened its restrictions starting last Monday and the range seemed much busier this weekend when I drove by so hopefully the volume will improve.

The question I am getting asked most is how long is the wait if I get on the list now.  Right now my best guess is at least 4 months but that may change if shooting volumes continue to increase at the range.

Thanks,

Todd

Id like to add my name to the list for 9mm once fired matching headstamp. Thank you

6/5 Update:  The range is now open for normal business and the amount of brass I am receiving, while still much less than what was coming in previously, is increasing.

For those on the waiting list I will be sending out confirmation requests when your order is 30 days out.  No payment is due at that time, I just need to confirm that you still want to proceed with the order.  I will send a payment request with a firm ship date 7 days prior to shipment.

Pricing will remain the same as what I have posted here and I will post non 9mm products as they become available.

Thanks,

Todd

On 6/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, Maximis228 said:

Could I get on the wait list?

PM Sent

Hi Todd, please put me on the waitlist for 2 more boxes 9x19. Thanks!

shout out to Todd-his brass arrived and it was perfect!  it's a ton of brass, all shiny.  just gotta spend a day depriming.

Posted (edited)

Hi Todd, put me on the list for another 15k fully processed brass please.

Edited by CClassForLife
specified fully processed brass

Hi Todd can I get on wait list for Standard Sort 9MM?

Thanks

On 6/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, dtuns said:

Hi Todd can I get on wait list for Standard Sort 9MM?

Thanks

I have you on the list.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:09 PM, chunky mayonnaise said:

Hey Todd can I add my name to the waitlist for the Standard 9mm brass.  1 box.

I have you on the list as well.

Hi, can I get on the waitlist for 1 box of 9 standard cp, and 1 box of 9 major cp?

Hi Todd, would you please add me to the list for a box of standard processed.  Thank you, Doug Foster