Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Magazines

CJW3

Recently got a used STI DVC Limited 2011 with factory magazines. Twice now I have had my ammo get stuck in there causing issues. Im new to the 2011 world and all that so i was wondering if there are some upgrades recommended for factory magazines/anyone who tunes them.

I would recommend the Dawson STI magazine tuning video and toolkit: https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-sti-2011-hicap-magazine-tuning-kit/

I also would watch the Atlas Magazine tuning videos: 

There are a many parts to it. Pay particular attention to the feed lips discussion and side to side magazine width. Those seem to be the biggest drivers. 

You really don’t need to send your mags to get “tuned” or buy a “tuned” mag. The Dawson magazine tuning kit is all you need and if you want to go even cheaper, get a chain link spreader. You can get one for less than $20 bucks as compared to the Dawson $100 dollar kit. Check out Adams video on YouTube and do it yourself. 

The guys charging you an extra $50 bucks are literally spending 5-10 minutes to “tune” your feed lips. Save your money and do it yourself with a $20 dollar chain link spreader. 

Edited by Atlasguy321

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont waste the money on MBX mags. Just tune the STI ones. Now of you want to buy more mags.... I personally prefer the gen 2 STI with grams guts and TTI 4G base pads but after buying all that stuff you are about the same cost as an MBX.