Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDm 5.25 9mm in CO Div

Endurokids

We have a couple Red Hills holsters and they are very nice, there are many quality Kydex holsters on the market, and they are right at the top of the heap. Contrary to what Moto says there are also some not as good Kydex holsters on the market that while they may work fine, they may need some adjustment with a heat gun to get them to draw smoothly like the good ones do right from the start. I will also second his "get a good hanger" comment. 

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

We have a couple Red Hills holsters and they are very nice, there are many quality Kydex holsters on the market, and they are right at the top of the heap. Contrary to what Moto says there are also some not as good Kydex holsters on the market that while they may work fine, they may need some adjustment with a heat gun to get them to draw smoothly like the good ones do right from the start. I will also second his "get a good hanger" comment. 

“Good” is a matter of opinion. I’ve had some (more than one)that you’re saying are at the top of the heap that I thought were not “good”. They needed adjustment. 

I think most people would be surprised to know a lot of holsters are made in garages. Just saying. 

Edited by B_RAD

I've honestly been happy with my standard bladetech on a BOSS hanger. It's stiff so the draw is repeatable. What more do you need?

Not sure I'm seeing what 'benefit' comes from a big name holster manufacturer. Being honest, in USPSA your holster is basically just a gun bucket.

I had a RHT with a Boss hanger, but just switched to this

E6A92392-A982-4DD6-B820-65C90B6CE55A.jpeg.2e46fd93bab5f67af9b27606f8f15e88.jpeg

First match with it is Saturday, but feels great so far.  

Black Scorpion Gear, $89 for the hanger and holster (Carbon finish was an extra $5)

Here is a view from a different angle

BAB2A18E-28F1-4784-A596-4EC1E3F9C36F.thumb.jpeg.65842fbc81b9625e33a09023beab4d20.jpeg

“Good” is a matter of opinion. I’ve had some (more than one)that you’re saying are at the top of the heap that I thought were not “good”. They needed adjustment. 

I think most people would be surprised to know a lot of holsters are made in garages. Just saying. 

So far we have only had 3 RHT and they've all been great, by top of the heap I guess I ment they are as good as any, there are other brands that are just as good, but they are better some other brands like the Ghost kydex ones we have had no luck with for competition (too tight and hard to draw from)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

So far we have only had 3 RHT and they've all been great, by top of the heap I guess I ment they are as good as any, there are other brands that are just as good, but they are better some other brands like the Ghost kydex ones we have had no luck with for competition (too tight and hard to draw from)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I honestly don’t know who I’d recommend to a new shooter. I’d probably throw out some names and say good luck. I’m not a huge fan of any of the ones I’ve tried. I’ve had multiple holsters form several brands. I think all have already been mentioned.  I’m kinda with @TrackCage in this one. Just need it to hold my gun. 

not a fan of the month long wait times and won’t pay for “rush service “. So I tend to buy ones that are in-stock at the online retailers. 

anyways.... 

Edited by B_RAD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, zhunter said:

I would assume once the weight limit for Prod and CO reaches 80 ounces they will allow race holsters 🥴

That is hilarious. I quit shooting production and USPSA years ago because the douchers outlawed my 40oz Para LDA at 40 oz's. NOW they decide a 6 lb production gun is OK?? I know they bent on the 40 oz long ago, but I kept a grudge. I just shoot Ltd.