Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i would like to purchase a XL 750 to utilize 5 stations. Lee U die in station 1, then a lyman M die

in station 2. moving the powder meas. somehow to position 3.then seating die in hole 4 followed

by Lee fcd in station 5. I am loading 122 gr. II alpha tc in .38 cal. for my 9mm  S&W 929, right now

i am using 2 tool head to get this done but very time consuming.

I don't know of any way to do that but I suppose a bracket could be made for failsafe rod. Or it can be eliminated and use it like the old measures that spring return. Priming would have to stay at 2

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, conditionone said:

Leave the powder measure where it is and eliminate the M die.  Use a Mr Bullet Feeder powder funnel. It will do the same thing as an M die.

this is the answer for a 650/750.           now on a 1050/1100 you could use you m die .

1 hour ago, conditionone said:

Leave the powder measure where it is and eliminate the M die.  Use a Mr Bullet Feeder powder funnel. It will do the same thing as an M die.

Exactly this. The DAA powder funnel works wonderfully on the 650/750 presses to stop trumpet-flaring your brass and allow the bullet to insert cleanly instead. Just like an M-die does.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

RCBS and Hornady both have a case activated powder measure that don't use a failsafe rod. I don't use either, but I've heard of people preferring them and putting them on their Dillons. They would work easily in station 3.

I believe there's a early version of Dillon's measure that was case activated and spring return. It appeared sometime between the failsafe measure and the fully manual 450 powder drop. You can fit the spring return powder bar to the current powder measure and just leave the fail safe rod off.  I don't know how critical the failsafe rod is - it probably depends on the powder.

eta: Not my picture, but it shows the case activated spring return Dillon powder measure on a 450.
 Picture438.jpg

Edited by belus
misspelling

Is PM always in station 2 on 650/750? Why not put M die after that? Would it compress powder? Not sure if stem goes that deep. Guess it’s caliber specific.

I wouldn’t buy a 750 until MBF gets a fix to allow it to work after PM. Has that issue been resolved?

• 3 weeks later...

for my S&W 929 loads i put the m die in station 2. removed the failsafe  arm and added the pwdr bar springs sent by dillon and

moved it to station 3. polished all the contact points and dry graphite lubed them. put the DAA pwdr funnel in the pwdr meas.

on the other tool head in station 2 for my CZ 9mm shadow loads. all is working great now. thanks everyone.

My 650 setups in 9, 40, 38spl are

1  Dillon Sizing die

2  Lee U-die (not flared enough to prevent case smashing in station 1) with primer punch removed

3  flare & powder drop.  I have it rotated so that the fail safe rod still works.  Others swap over to springs

4  Dillon seating die

5  Dillon sizing die

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 8:01 AM, DJRyan13 said:

Is PM always in station 2 on 650/750? Why not put M die after that? Would it compress powder? Not sure if stem goes that deep. Guess it’s caliber specific.

I wouldn’t buy a 750 until MBF gets a fix to allow it to work after PM. Has that issue been resolved?

Probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve read all day....