Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Team blue no more!

After owning a 1050 and experiencing several issues with the Dillon product I decided to return the press back to Dillon and upgraded to the Mark 7 Evolution.  I can't believe how buttery smooth this press runs!!! It's built quality is second to none and no cast metal parts are being used.  I spend extra money on Dillon upgrade parts to only realize that it was a waste of money and time to keep adding and adding upgraded parts, etc.  I can't disagree that Dillon is a great company, however, their product need to improve.  I'm sure their newer RL1100 will be a lot better than the 1050 since most of the issues that surrounded the 1050 were addressed with the RL1100 but who knows...  For now I have no regrets, buy once cry once and be done!  Now time to get to crank some ammo! 

Mark 7 2.jpeg

Die Pack MK7.jpeg

21 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

How did the return process go? Was it within the first 30 days or something where it was still eligible for return, or did they take it back because you were having problems with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the 1050  for almost  3 months, I just told them that I was having way too many issues with the press.  Unfortunately I had to eat the return shipping back to them~  No it wasn't within the 30 days, it was pass it's time so they worked with me...  so I loss even more money!  Cost me $140+ to have the press shipped back to Dillon~ 

Had the 1050  for almost  3 months, I just told them that I was having way too many issues with the press.  Unfortunately I had to eat the return shipping back to them~  No it wasn't within the 30 days, it was pass it's time so they worked with me...  so I loss even more money!  Cost me $140+ to have the press shipped back to Dillon~ 

Ouch!! Sounds like that’s how they try and get you to hang onto it! $140 is a heck of a shipping charge. Glad they still took it back though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$140 is cheap money.... I actually am keeping one of my 1050’s just for a few calibers like 30-06 (which can only sort of run on Evo), 30 carbine, etc... 

I am having M7 make me a 44-40 and 45-70 conversion now.... waiting patiently. They aren’t super fast with those things. 

Running my bulk stuff on Revos but doing the black powder on Evo. Super nice having all those stations. 

21 hours ago, vince said:

Oh man, i could never justify spending that much money for a reloading press. I guess if i needed a million rounds a year, maybe. Thats just NUTS!!! ;)

My friend says I spend too much on my reloading hobby. He is still loading on a Lee Turret. I think he wastes too much money on his race car hobby and garage stuff. He rarely uses the race car. Can’t use it regularly... Why bother IMO...

But we all have priorities. 

16 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

My friend says I spend too much on my reloading hobby. He is still loading on a Lee Turret. I think he wastes too much money on his race car hobby and garage stuff. He rarely uses the race car. Can’t use it regularly... Why bother IMO...

But we all have priorities. 

LOL.... well i cant say that i havent thrown alot of money away on more stupid things in my life 😆

On 3/6/2020 at 9:31 PM, Superpipe9 said:

So how much was that set up?

You get what you paid for is a true statement that have lived for years!~  it's not cheap, the press itself is 3k, not counting the bullet feeder which is another $470 or so and their so called "ultimate die pack" $295 so about $3700+ give or take I was able to get 10% off due to shot show that helped a bit!  This press is buttery smooth! No rattles, no issues, no nothing!  It's a true upgrade to the Dillon and it's better built too!  So far 5k rounds loaded this month without a single issue!

On 3/14/2020 at 4:36 AM, DJRyan13 said:

Only cost me 60ish last time I shipped a Dillon. Austin to Florida.

140 Chicago to Arizona seems high. Must be some crazy liberal Chicago tax. 🤪

Well, Illinois does indeed suck~  You get State tax, city and county taxed!  Cuz you know we have to fund those Democratic corrupt politicians pensions and salaries