Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson Pointman 45 PM-45, what mods

• 2 weeks later...

Techwell positech grips / Magwell and C&S ignition system w/ trigger job is all I did to my PM9 and PM45.   Oh.  And flat-faced trigger.  I think I did infinity on one and x-line vario on the other. No real difference to me in the two.  PMs are really just about ready to go out of the factory.  

• 2 weeks later...

You have to do some disassembly to get to it, and then probably a little fitting to get it in and working smoothly.  Field strip, then disassemble grips, MS housing, thumb safety & plunger, grip safety, sear spring, hammer, sear & disco, mag release. Then you can slide trigger out and fit in new one 

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/1911-trigger-installation-fitting/ - here's an article , and below is a video.

No problem.  It’s easier than it sounds.   If you decide to do it yourself, and it doesn’t drop in and needs to be fitted  - just be sure when you’re fitting the new trigger to check the fit very often.   A swipe or two with the file or stone, check.  It doesn’t take much.  And you can always take more material off.  But you can’t ever put more back on.