Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO 2016

Per71

Hey guys,
I am considering buying a used CZ TSO .40, from 2016. Its in very good condition, <1000 rounds fired. I am curious if there has been any changes from 2016 until now, anything I need to replace?

Changes were the following:

- shadow 2 style mag release pad

- shadow 2 style extended safety

- aluminum trigger shoe instead of polymer

update the recoil spring, extractor, main spring, firing pin spring.

• 3 weeks later...

The trigger guard may be a different shape than the newer ones. The difference is very slight but keep that in mind when buying holsters. 

I found out the hard way. Some tso have the Czech mate frame and trigger guard. 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, mpeltier said:

Why do you feel its better than a 2020 model?

on older models shape of the trigger guard  works  better  on competition holsters  and more comfortable.

all new cz guns from 2019  in ours club have more mim parts .in older models this parts was made from solid steel.

about performance all  TSO is the one of the best handguns that i know. 

10 minutes ago, yigal said:

on older models shape of the trigger guard  works  better  on competition holsters  and more comfortable.

all new cz guns from 2019  in ours club have more mim parts .in older models this parts was made from solid steel.

about performance all  TSO is the one of the best handguns that i know. 

what parts are MIM? I had not heard this before.

Just now, mpeltier said:

what parts are MIM? I had not heard this before.

Metal injection molding (MIM

new extractors 

slide stops 

new  sear cage on all new shadow 2

This does not mean that these less quality  guns are only cheaper to manufacture.

1 minute ago, yigal said:

new extractors 

slide stops 

This does not mean that these less quality  guns are only cheaper to manufacture.

Shadow 2 triggers also

3 minutes ago, yigal said:

new extractors 

slide stops 

If its not lesser quality, how can they be better or not better?

Trigger guard shape is just personal preference.

Sounds like you prefer the older model, but its not necessarily better.

Trigger and rear sight being MIM doesn't really matter but man, I gotta say a MIM extractor has proven to be a bad idea on other guns.

I had no idea CZ went to them on all their guns now but I've never removed one so have never seen the telltale marks.  I've not heard of them failing so I guess it is a non-issue.

45 minutes ago, FALAR said:

Trigger and rear sight being MIM doesn't really matter but man, I gotta say a MIM extractor has proven to be a bad idea on other guns.

I had no idea CZ went to them on all their guns now but I've never removed one so have never seen the telltale marks.  I've not heard of them failing so I guess it is a non-issue.

Non issue. S&w, Glock, Ruger, SIG, and many more use MIM extractors. Not a problem I'm aware of with any of them. Ive owned 7 S&W M&P's with thousands of rounds thru them. Never a problem with any of them extracting. Who are you referring to that it was a "Bad idea"?

Every broken extractor I've ever seen a picture of was MIM.  That's why Colt went away from it pretty quick on their 1911s.  Every broken extractor I've ever seen in person was from a MIMber (aka Kimber).

9 hours ago, FALAR said:

Every broken extractor I've ever seen a picture of was MIM.  That's why Colt went away from it pretty quick on their 1911s.  Every broken extractor I've ever seen in person was from a MIMber (aka Kimber).

I should have said Non-1911 extractor, as the design of a 1911 extractor acting as a spring is probably the reason its not been workable in the 1911. A 1911 tool steel or spring steel extractor is pretty tough, but not fool proof either by any means. Over the years I have use a variety of handguns in competition, and by far the most problematic extractors have been in 1911's, and not MIM. I'm not going to worry about the extractors in both of my 2020 TSO's, they gave me an extra with each anyway. Lol 

16 minutes ago, mpeltier said:

I should have said Non-1911 extractor, as the design of a 1911 extractor acting as a spring is probably the reason its not been workable in the 1911. A 1911 tool steel or spring steel extractor is pretty tough, but not fool proof either by any means. Over the years I have use a variety of handguns in competition, and by far the most problematic extractors have been in 1911's, and not MIM. I'm not going to worry about the extractors in both of my 2020 TSO's, they gave me an extra with each anyway. Lol 

Agreed