Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips Ahoy! New PD Grip HOTNESS!!!!

Apolo

These things are sticky! I mean it! My favorite part is the back side milling. It's on a different axis so it's nice and sharp on all sides. I tested, and they fit up nicely with both the Xtreme mag well and Henning well. 

IMG_20200303_174458_954.jpg

Edited by Apolo

I'm definitely down to try some swells but the thins right now... They make the tanfoglio feel, like it is ment to feel.Im sure something Like the Alfa Romeo on Italian pavement

As of right now I believe they only come thin for mag well guns. They are not as thick as wood grips, thicker than EGD grips, about as thick as Única but flater, contoured, and a helluva lot more grip. It's perfect all around in between. I highly suggest trying a thin set anyway even if skepticle. They even have a rental program. These are by far the best I've held and I'm not just using bias.

They are thin but have a small swell. And thin twords top. Making for the mag release accessible same as EGD. The grips then extend higher allowing a higher grip with support hand too. I mean I can get waaaaay up there comfortably. I 45° my GT safety so I don't push it on lol

received_232832957897160.jpeg

I love that I can now use my extended unica release and NOT hit the button on accident repeatedly.  I can now do mag change's without changing, releasing, or flipping. I just hit with thumb and slam 😃. Game changer 

Do they stay tight or do you need to keep after the screws so they do not get loose enough to wobble during a match?

My luck has been that the 1 screw design works great with rubber or wood grips but needs a little help with Tanfo/CZ grips that are not compressible. 

Loctite 243 to be specific.  Loctite 242 is the "standard" blue formulation, but 243 is oil/solvent resistant and typically holds up better on pistols which are covered in (you guessed it!) oil and solvent. Also make sure to degrease the screws and the threaded hole on the frame prior to application. A Q tip with 99% isopropyl alcohol or acetone is the easiest way.

Truth..and an honest one. Joes used a smaller screw head like a T-10 bit with a washed  I have had many dry and live sessions and have yet to have them losen. Like all my other grips. 

8 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Loctite 243 to be specific.  Loctite 242 is the "standard" blue formulation, but 243 is oil/solvent resistant and typically holds up better on pistols which are covered in (you guessed it!) oil and solvent. Also make sure to degrease the screws and the threaded hole on the frame prior to application. A Q tip with 99% isopropyl alcohol or acetone is the easiest way.

Good info in general. Never worked for me with the 1 screw attachment design and non compressible grips. I think I torque the screw with my grip somehow and it just needs to move a tiny smidge to allow motion. 

Not a big deal to put a screwdriver in the range bag or just put up with it that day.