Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 Large Rifle Casefeeder Plate

1 hour ago, DJRyan13 said:

It does... but it also drops too many cases at once or jams cases in door. I am getting seriously pissed about Dillon case feeders these days. I have tried at various speeds. 

Have you tried adjusting the trap slide on the case feeder opening?  It is the small adjustable sleeve. I was experiencing the same thing when I started loading 300 B/O and it fixed my same issues completely....

24 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Have you tried adjusting the trap slide on the case feeder opening?  It is the small adjustable sleeve. I was experiencing the same thing when I started loading 300 B/O and it fixed my same issues completely....

Don’t have a gate adjustment on the old one. I got an upgrade system for old case feeder which has adjustable speed. 

I did just by a new case feeder with adjustable gate and speed. I haven’t tried with 30-30 but 40 S&W is a POS in it. Gate didn’t seem to do anything to help the jams in the gate. Speed didn’t help either. I don’t understand why the cases aren’t falling out fast enough to not jam. I wish the motor moved back when you shut it off. Pulling cases out is really starting to piss me off. 

And yes, I called Dillon about problems and they just say to slow it down. I tried slowing it down all the way but still jams. Don’t get it. 

9 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

Don’t have a gate adjustment on the old one. I got an upgrade system for old case feeder which has adjustable speed. 

I did just by a new case feeder with adjustable gate and speed. I haven’t tried with 30-30 but 40 S&W is a POS in it. Gate didn’t seem to do anything to help the jams in the gate. Speed didn’t help either. I don’t understand why the cases aren’t falling out fast enough to not jam. I wish the motor moved back when you shut it off. Pulling cases out is really starting to piss me off. 

And yes, I called Dillon about problems and they just say to slow it down. I tried slowing it down all the way but still jams. Don’t get it. 

What plate are you using for 40 s&w?