Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 shell latch

Medic198

I’m not sure if there is a thread out there already, but has anyone used a 2 piece shell latch for their M2, that comes stock with a SBE3? Briley sells them and does the fitting work for them, just curios if anyone has ran one and the durability vs the spring steel stock caches, and if they are any smoother or less resistance. Thanks 

What are the popular ways of tuning the factory M2 shell latch? And is there a consensus for which is most effective?  For instance putting a large radius grind in the part the interacts with the shell rim; increasing the cutout sizes at the bend point near the pivot pin.

Picked up my M2 today from Briley after getting some stuff done to it to round out the mods (match trigger, latch, and rear sight). 
Initial impressions.. It feels very similar to the polished and tweaked factory latch. Quad loads at speed still remains smooth and fast. 
With the articulating latch it should be always consistent and shouldn’t lose tension over time. 

• 9 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 1:34 PM, Phil Dunlop said:

Im looking at either fitting the Benelli SP shell release or the Briley. 

Does any one know if either or both are compatible with the Kenny auto lifter?

Thanks

I have the Briley articulating shell latch and the MOA auto lifter in my M2, and it runs fine. The only thing is that I have to use the heavy-duty Nordic tube springs, otherwise the auto load won't work. The Briley articulating shell latch is nice. I could tell a big difference when loading. I have one in my son's m2 also. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:04 AM, CStrabala said:

I have the Briley articulating shell latch and the MOA auto lifter in my M2, and it runs fine. The only thing is that I have to use the heavy-duty Nordic tube springs, otherwise the auto load won't work. The Briley articulating shell latch is nice. I could tell a big difference when loading. I have one in my son's m2 also. 

Thank you for that information, much appreciated