Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX

Just used this the first time yesterday with the Digital Link app on my phone. What a great and simple interface to use in the field. I love the easy setup with Android and all the great features of the chronograph. I used to use the PACT Professional and the PACT IV (away for repairs) and I don't know if I will go back. I don't think PACT is a very innovative company at this point. 

When I got home I wanted to load my shot strings onto my laptop so I followed the instructions closely to link Digital Link to the bluetooth. No matter what I did, when the chrono said they were connected, DL said they were not. Under my connections it said the BT was paired, but never showed connected. After 45 minutes of repeating the insanity and trying to throw in a few twists, I spotted my Ipad on my tool box. I downloaded DL and opened the app, went to settings and it connected while I was looking at it. Awesome thinks me, I will give it another whirl on the PC. Windows 10 and my ProChrono DLX will not play together after another 20 minutes of my time. Anyone run into this or have any suggestions? I am not totally computer illiterate, I know how to spell PC. This thing is making me think that is all I know.

I've been using the CE app on various iPhones for years, with CE's bluetooth dongle, and it's terrific.  I've never had problems connecting, and CE's app exports my data (e-mails it to me, so I have it on my MacBook Pro) as a MS Excel worksheets.  Fabulous. 

PC?  Really? 

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 1:37 PM, Acclaym said:

Just got one of these myself. I'll report back after first use. 

I recently jumped on the "on sale" pricing for these.      I'm looking forward to getting it in use on testing some loads.   I had a Beta Chrony years ago that I wound up giving to a buddy.   This CE model looks like it'll set up even easier/faster.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 12:45 PM, Bimmer said:

I've been using the CE app on various iPhones for years, with CE's bluetooth dongle, and it's terrific.  I've never had problems connecting, and CE's app exports my data (e-mails it to me, so I have it on my MacBook Pro) as a MS Excel worksheets.  Fabulous. 

PC?  Really? 

Sounds good to me.   iPhone & MacBook Air guy here, lol.

• 1 month later...

The manual for the ProChrono DLX says the memory capacity is up to 9 strings of up to 99 shots each.

My current Shooting Chrony memory is for 100 strings of 10 shots each.

Can the ProChrono be configured to store more than 9 strings of 10 shots each?

Yesterday I went to the range and chrono’d 3 different loads, in 4 different guns, each shooting 2 ten shot strings. That’s a total of 24 ten shot strings. How would I save all that data using the ProChrono???

I’m interested in a new chrono because I want to automatically upload all my data into a CSV file to store it. Currently I manually enter all the data into a spreadsheet when I get home.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can make different shot lists, and select the one you are currently shooting on your app. Finish your shots. Select the next shot list. shoot, so on so forth. Name them each as you see fit. Email each list to yourself and done. As far as I can tell, as many lists as you want and as many shots on each list. I've gone back with the same load on a different day and selected the list and shots are added to it.

I've never used the shot string on the chrony, I just clear it when it says it's getting full....

I usually just email the .cvs file to myself and it gives you this information. Temperature, Bar. Pressure and Bullet weight you have to input when you set up shot list.

Equations in excel are pretty easy though. can get ES, SD, average, high and low with little effort.

2020-07-31_8-30-16.jpg

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to see. I couldn’t tell if the individual shots were part of the CSV file using just the app. I ordered a DLX model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk