Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd Hyperfire issue

I shot Steel challenge today with PCC. Gun is a QC10 (upper, lower, barrel and BCG) and ran perfect with a variety of ammo but on the last 5 shots of the match I had to manually cycle the bolt before I could shoot.  I looked into it a bit further when I got home discovered that the hammer wasn't releasing when I pull the trigger.  As it turns out, there was buildup on the dual spring assembly which prevented the trigger from releasing. I removed everything, cleaned it and reinstalled it and all is good now. I'm using the heavy springs(which provide the lightest trigger pull). I wonder if the medium or light springs would have still allowed it to function. Anyone else have a problem like this with Hiperfire?

PCC is dirty and I'm wondering how often folks clean the inside of their lower.   Prior to this match I had about 1000 rounds through it with the 243G installed so I sprayed some brake clean in the FCG without removing it and blew it out with air.

Edited by Ryan N
4 hours ago, Ryan N said:

I'm using the light springs. I bet the medium or heavy spring would have still allowed it to function. Anyone else have a problem like this with Hiperfire?

I thought that everyone used the heavy springs since they give the lightest trigger pull. Do you like a higher trigger pull?

4 hours ago, Gregg K said:

I thought that everyone used the heavy springs since they give the lightest trigger pull. Do you like a higher trigger pull?

I think your correct.  I'm using the heavy springs which yield the lightest trigger pull.  I have edited OP for clarification.

Edited by Ryan N
clarification

Same thing happened to my Hiperfire eclipse when brass shavings got wedged and won’t reset. Sprayed it with non-chlorinated brake cleaner and blow it diwn using my air compressor.

I have an MPX so I clean it after every 1000 rounds or so because it gets dirty.

• 2 weeks later...

Safety concern:  if you experience "dead trigger" (hammer not releasing when trigger is pulled), be aware that once you pull the trigger the hammer could release at any moment.  I recommend promptly unloading (while pointing in safe direction) and fully cleaning FCG components.  I had an instance when I pressed the trigger and the hammer release a second or 1.5 seconds later.  This happened about 1100-1200 rounds after I installed the 243G(with no cleaning inside lower).

I now plan to remove FCG and clean every 700-800 rounds.