Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended mag release for short thumb?

igolfat8

A friend of mine is looking for an extended mag release for his M&P because he has a short thumb. I can’t find any paddle style releases. Any suggestions? I don’t want an extended mag release that just makes the button longer but rather a release that puts the button further towards the rear of the pistol.

Edited by igolfat8

I'm left handed and I can't reach most "ambidextrous" or moveable mag releases with my thumb without changing my firing grip.   I always leave the button on the standard left side and I've gotten used to pushing the release button with my trigger finger.  It's easy to reach, fast and assures your finger is off the trigger during reloads.

Thanks for the advice but he is looking for an aftermarket add on that is paddle shaped which in effect moves the mag release point closer to the strong hand thumb. I have one of these for my Glock but he wants one for his M&P.

image.jpeg.7c37aa62dd9d26a104adda1f4c806d5e.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/28/2020 at 9:18 PM, SteelCityShooter said:

I'm left handed and I can't reach most "ambidextrous" or moveable mag releases with my thumb without changing my firing grip.   I always leave the button on the standard left side and I've gotten used to pushing the release button with my trigger finger.  It's easy to reach, fast and assures your finger is off the trigger during reloads.

This, but I use my middle finger. Trigger finger still comes off the trigger, just less contorting the gun in my hand.

And I don't need to modify anything if I'm using an unfamiliar gun. 

On 2/29/2020 at 10:30 PM, igolfat8 said:

Thanks for the advice but he is looking for an aftermarket add on that is paddle shaped which in effect moves the mag release point closer to the strong hand thumb. I have one of these for my Glock but he wants one for his M&P.

image.jpeg.7c37aa62dd9d26a104adda1f4c806d5e.jpeg

Where did you get that button?