Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cleaning w. air compressor

currahee1911

Generally not enough air pressure. you would want at least 75psi and mine are set for 90psi.

I have a Campbell Hausfeld 15 gallon horizontal in the basement (noisy), but also have a 4 gallon quiet air that I got for trim but it has enough psi for my guns.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:26 AM, RePete said:

Generally not enough air pressure. you would want at least 75psi and mine are set for 90psi.

I have a Campbell Hausfeld 15 gallon horizontal in the basement (noisy), but also have a 4 gallon quiet air that I got for trim but it has enough psi for my guns.

and what is that quiet compressor?

i have a small Senco that I use with trim nailers. It’s a cold blooded and loud beast but otherwise ok. Looking for something quieter that doesn’t require half a dozen circuit resets in cold weather. Ideally it would run a framing nailer too, but trim nailer is good enough. 

noise with framing isn’t as bad since it doesn’t echo in yet to be built walls 😉

The trend is towards small pancake style that can generate 100+ psi and they are portable and handy.   But, gotta say a large tank cuts down on the noise because it doesn't need to run as much.  Go get a cup of coffee while it recharges and you can use it in peace.  Install it in a different room/area.

California, or CAT. Just purchased an 8 gallon oil less compressor and it is quiet. I can run it at midnight with no issues. And it is compact, and it doesn't flip 15 amp breakers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, kk4364 said:

California, or CAT. Just purchased an 8 gallon oil less compressor and it is quiet. I can run it at midnight with no issues. And it is compact, and it doesn't flip 15 amp breakers.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from Lowes for $155.00 with free shipping. On sale to 3/12.

10 hours ago, kk4364 said:

I've heard wonderful things about California Air Tools.  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=california+air+tools+compressor&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

On 3/8/2020 at 12:08 AM, kk4364 said:

I have the 10 gallon version and it's fantastic.  Quiet, powerful, and two output connections.  Bought it from Lowes.  It's a smaller footprint since it's an upright model.

https://www.amazon.com/California-Air-Tools-10020C-Compressor/dp/B0188XBTLY/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=california+air+tools+compressor&qid=1583936333&sr=8-6

The nice thing about these compressors is that they only need about 7 to 8 amps. My old craftsman 1hp would trip a 20 amp breaker whenever it would start to cycle. Drove me nuts.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, kk4364 said:

This is the one I bought. Only 8 gallons, super small, super quiet. Great compressor for someone tinkering! 2998c944c19fd86e27532badd35c699f.jpg

Set mine up yesterday. One of the best things I've ever bought. Super quiet and a large enough reserve tank.