Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Tactical & Red Dot

MFM22

Howdy, EGW and Springer Precision also sell dovetail adapters. I just ordered a Springer adapter for use on my new CZ97 for a bit to see if I'd be happy with milling the slide to accept a Vortex Venom. My SP01 was milled by CGW to accept their RMR plate and an SRO. Love it but I'm agonizing over which way to go with the CZ97 - RMR mount and adapter plate or Venom directly milled to slide. I figure the dovetail adapater is a relatively inexpensive way to try out the Venom.

Edited by Seakphotog
Spelling

Seakphotog, have 3MOA Venoms on two CZs, one on a plate milled to the slide (CZC) and a EGW dovetail plate on the other. Also have two 1911s with EGW dovetail plates and Venoms. Love the Venoms and other than cosmetics (RDS sitting lower) I see no advantage to a milled slide as far as performance.

Just sayin'!

11 hours ago, pcar157 said:

Seakphotog, have 3MOA Venoms on two CZs, one on a plate milled to the slide (CZC) and a EGW dovetail plate on the other. Also have two 1911s with EGW dovetail plates and Venoms. Love the Venoms and other than cosmetics (RDS sitting lower) I see no advantage to a milled slide as far as performance.

Just sayin'!

Thanks for that!  TBH, I'm kinda hoping I end up just fully satisfied with the dovetail adapter and Venom and I can call it a day without feeling compelled to mill the slide.  Can you get a front sight that's tall enough to co witness with the Venom if you use a dovetail mount?  I like Venoms as well, especially for the sale prices at which they've lately been available.  I had one on my 5in PPQ until I replaced it with an SRO and I've got one on a dovetail adapter (that I had to modify) on a Girsan Regard Beretta  92fs/M9 clone that I enjoy.