Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forgetting rig!

Nick_shoots_fast

Man, this sucked!  I show up to the range which is an hour away. Get out and walk thru stages and as I went to gear up and dryfire, I realize I forgot my rig!  Good thing to come out of this is now I do a mental run thru to make sure I have all my stuff!  “Ok do I have guns? Guns take mags, do I have those?  Mags take ammo, do I have that? Loaded mags go into rig, do I have that? Rig attaches to belt, do I have that?  Seems like I’ve simplified that process! Lol

Eyes, ears!  

EVERYTHING else I can either bumb or buy at a store. 

4 hours ago, Atlasguy321 said:

Man, this sucked!  I show up to the range which is an hour away. Get out and walk thru stages and as I went to gear up and dryfire, I realize I forgot my rig!  Good thing to come out of this is now I do a mental run thru to make sure I have all my stuff!  “Ok do I have guns? Guns take mags, do I have those?  Mags take ammo, do I have that? Loaded mags go into rig, do I have that? Rig attaches to belt, do I have that?  Seems like I’ve simplified that process! Lol

Eyes, ears!  

EVERYTHING else I can either bumb or buy at a store. 

EVERY match I go to I set everything right in front of the door the night before. Mentally gear up by looking at every item before going to bed. I have forgotten an item a time or two before going with this routine.

pfffff, I did endurance raceing for a few years but worked shift work,,, Day before, tack loaded, cloths loaded, get loaded, human food loaded horse food loaded,  trailer hooked up,
get home at one AM for my last work day, catch few hours sleep,, need to roll out around 5am.. for an 9 hour drive, get up make coffee,, load up and roll, get to mail box and my horse is standing in field looking at me....... SUNOFA,,, kinda most important thing to have at a horse race.

I can relate.

During last Saturday’s match, I forgot to bring my shadow 2 rig (DAA belt, RHT holster & DAA racer mag pouches) and instead had my X5 rig (comptac holster, DAA belt & DAA racer pouches) in the truck. Luckily, the shadow 2 fits into the Comptac holster for the X5. It’s a little bit tight but it fits so I was able to shoot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:06 PM, NateTSU said:

I forgot my magazines once ever since then I prep and check. 

Same, had everything else I needed except all 5 magazines.. Lesson learned, and to echo others sentiments I now pack the night before and have all gear checked and ready.