Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is a weighted plug legal in CO?


nelson1each
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rootacres said:

They are legal, ive been using one for years. Just make sure it doesn't protrude out. Mine did slightly, it would take a rules nazis to ding me for it

YOU MEAN AN OBSERVANT RO?

 

so I sanded it down to fit flush. 

LIKE THE RULES REQUIRE?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

 

If an observant RO/rules nazi wanted to pull a micrometer out to see if my grip plug protrudes 1mm-2mm beyond the base of the pistol than they could. In all likelihood I could have taken my advertised "production legal" grip plug, not done a damn thing to it and never had an issue at all the majors Ive been to. But fortunately/unfortunately there will always be that D class RO at the local club match wanting to measure the holster position on your boss hanger just to flex a little authority. .  so yes, I sanded it down "LIKE THE RULES REQUIRE" . . I didn't want an illegal mod to give me a competitive advantage lol. 

 

You a current/past RO Sarge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, rootacres said:

If an observant RO/rules nazi wanted to pull a micrometer out to see if my grip plug protrudes 1mm-2mm beyond the base of the pistol than they could. In all likelihood I could have taken my advertised "production legal" grip plug, not done a damn thing to it and never had an issue at all the majors Ive been to. But fortunately/unfortunately there will always be that D class RO at the local club match wanting to measure the holster position on your boss hanger just to flex a little authority. .  so yes, I sanded it down "LIKE THE RULES REQUIRE" . . I didn't want an illegal mod to give me a competitive advantage lol. 

 

You a current/past RO Sarge?

10 year CRO. Rules NAZI is usually used by those who hate any authority or like to cheat. Being a good RO doesn’t require a certain classification. Most RO’s who put a lot of time and effort into it don’t often reach the highest classifications.  The comment “D class RO” is very telling of your attitude. 
  Any RO at any level match should be checking everyone’s gear. I see low holsters pointed out by RO’s regularly along with other infractions.

 It’s their duty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

10 year CRO. Rules NAZI is usually used by those who hate any authority or like to cheat. Being a good RO doesn’t require a certain classification. Most RO’s who put a lot of time and effort into it don’t often reach the highest classifications.  The comment “D class RO” is very telling of your attitude. 
  Any RO at any level match should be checking everyone’s gear. I see low holsters pointed out by RO’s regularly along with other infractions.

 It’s their duty.

Thats what I figured. 

 

The OP was asking about grip plugs being legal in CO. I answered the question with what I used as well as what I did to guarantee I am legal in the event an RO wants to be extremely particular. Your response to my original post was very telling of your attitude (more so sensitivity to the "rule nazi" comment). Lumping me in with those who "hate any authority" or "like to cheat" for acknowledging these people exist is pretty extreme. Especially considering we've never competed together. Obviously there isn't a classification for ROs. There are "D class RO's" that do a great job (along with G-C, class), there are also "D class RO's" who flex authority not because they legitimately believe you've done something wrong but because they simply want you to know they can do it. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. As a whole the ROs I have been around have been phenomenal, a couple. . not so much. 

 

Sorry for hijaking the thread for a minute nelson1each. Hopefully you got the info you were looking for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude the post was over a year ago, you didnt hijack anything. We can all see you were just posting to get your post count up for the classified section. Why else would you post almost a bunch of one liners on old ass threads and stop once you got to 50.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, tt350z said:

Dude the post was over a year ago, you didnt hijack anything. We can all see you were just posting to get your post count up for the classified section. Why else would you post almost a bunch of one liners on old ass threads and stop once you got to 50.

Guilty. . Kinda. . I am on my way to 100 posts. I was put in classifieds jail nearly 2 years ago and haven't been very active between then and now. Figured Id chip away at it, maybe be able to dabble in the classifieds again someday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, BASE772 said:

I couldn’t tell any difference with or without a plug once the buzzer goes off. 🤷‍♂️

The plugs aren't that heavy tho, like 2 oz right? I looked at getting one but not many made for Gen 5s. I'm going to put some tungsten disks and blocks in that grip cavity and test it out. I'm not sure it will make that big of a difference but I run a mostly stock glock so I figured for the $30 in materials it may be worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Carver make a brass insert for their magwell for a Gen 5 that adds some weight. It does not weight as much as the old gen 3 Seattle Slug but I can notice the difference. I think the tungsten guide rod does more than the slug in the grip. Maybe a heavy base pad would help also? Thanks, Eric

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...