Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VR-80 Gas system

Duane

Good evening all:

New to the forum here.  Looking forward to the exchange of ideas and information.

I just got a VR-80 and cleaned it before shooting.  I used the ammo  that is on the Rock Island site.  Fiocchi  12 gage 2 3/4",  1 1/4 oz.  1330 FPS,   7.5 shot, and (250 rounds)  the weapon preformed flawlessly.     Broke the weapon down for cleaning and all went good except: the GAS RETAINING NUT (part number 70) unscrewed with no issue and then unable to remove the GAS BLOCK (part number 68) is stuck in place.   Any ideas for my situation  ??????????????

If all else fails put the barrel in your refrigerator or frezzer over night and get s tourch to heat the piston whole bumping it with plastic hammer. Cold well shrink metal and heat will expand. Use to install ak barrels this way by hand.

I bet it's just heavy carbon build up tho.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Good evening all:

New to the forum here.  Looking forward to the exchange of ideas and information.

I just got a VR-80 and cleaned it before shooting.  I used the ammo  that is on the Rock Island site.  Fiocchi  12 gage 2 3/4",  1 1/4 oz.  1330 FPS,   7.5 shot, and (250 rounds)  the weapon preformed flawlessly.     Broke the weapon down for cleaning and all went good except: the GAS RETAINING NUT (part number 70) unscrewed with no issue and then unable to remove the GAS BLOCK (part number 68) is stuck in place.   Any ideas for my situation  ??????????????

Did you get it apart?

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon all:

Just getting back on me feet.  I hand my right Knee replacement on March 10.  Just got in under the wire before elective surgeries were canceled in York, Pa.

Jut put the walker aside and now I am on  cane.  Rehab is progressing well.

Back to my VR-80 all is good  just "SOAKED the area with brake cleaner and  WD-40 good idea thanks parvusimperator and Nelsonh all is good now.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to more information on this site.

Good afternoon all:

Just getting back on me feet.  I hand my right Knee replacement on March 10.  Just got in under the wire before elective surgeries were canceled in York, Pa.
Jut put the walker aside and now I am on  cane.  Rehab is progressing well.

Back to my VR-80 all is good  just "SOAKED the area with brake cleaner and  WD-40 good idea thanks parvusimperator and Nelsonh all is good now.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to more information on this site.
Great glad to hear it and I will keep you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

• 2 years later...

Had the same problem with my new VR80. Made sure to lube the piston before shooting but when I got home to clean it. The piston was stuck inside piston shroud. Stuck stuck.... Soaked... free and clean now. Is this a common problem??