Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 22 value ?

1911vm

I have this gun for years. Now someone wants to buy it.  Went to look around to figure out the worth and I don't see a lot of them and especially for sale. 

According to  the numbers it's a Gen 3. But it has no finger grooves.  Is that better?  Or worse? 

Thanks 

Probably a left over Gen 2 frame that got a later Gen 3 SN.There is a glut of Gen 3 police trade in 22s on the market now.I actually saw one in a pawn shop a few weeks ago marked down to $200, they had bought a bunch of them and were clearing the last ones out.The GT Distributors store where I live has them for $300-$350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, 1911vm said:

According to  the numbers it's a Gen 3. But it has no finger grooves.  Is that better?  Or worse?

What numbers?  Sounds like a Gen 2 if there's no finger grooves.

Seems no one wants to buy G22s these days.  Police trade ins are often $300 online. 

9mm Gen 1 through early Gen 3s were 2 pin. All .40s were always 3 pin. :)

Either way seems Gen 2 and Gen 3 G22s sell for around the same price. Some people really like the Gen 2 so would pay a bit more for it, but still would go for somewhere in $300-400 range.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, Southpaw said:

Got any pics?  I'd love to see this Gen 3 with no finger grooves.

ETA, or did you mean the finger grooves were just removed?

there you go. figured out how to post

22.jpg

Pretty sure that’s a gen 2 since there’s no frame rail. I could be wrong. 

If if you can get $300-$350 for it, and want to sell it, take it and run. Anything in .40 is going super cheap right now—in my area at least. 

Edited by HCH

Possible true.  Even though have not seen one around us much.  Could not find on GB at all. It is gen3 checked with glock. And it's a glock becomes 9mm really quick. Was messing around with  it just feels so much better without grove . Maybe just get a 34 upper and go with it. 

That's a Gen 2.  Buying a complete upper usually winds up being not a great deal compared to entire gun.  If you want a 34 and don't like the finger grooves, check out the 34 Gen 5.  Selling that 22 and buying a 34 Gen 5 would probably put you out of pocket around the same as buying a 34 complete upper.  Also if you were planning to use it for Production, that wouldn't be legal to put 34 upper on 22 frame FYI.  But if you just want to shoot 9mm through it, then a conversion barrel would be easy way to go (also not Production legal however).

1 hour ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Where did you see these? I’ve been thinking about picking one up. I currently am planning on selling my g35 and have a ton of 40 loaded and wouldn’t have a pistol to shoot it in

That's sort of how I got myself into a G22 LEO trade-in as well. Well, actually it was brass. I wound up with enough .40 brass that I decided I wanted a pistol. Now that same LEO trade-in G22 has become by budget Limited gun. I shoot Limited maybe once/twice a year, so it satisfies the itch.

Anyways, my point is, these LEO trades aren't a terrible option. I've been happy with mine, which I ordered sight unseen from AIM a few years back.

5 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Where did you see these? I’ve been thinking about picking one up. I currently am planning on selling my g35 and have a ton of 40 loaded and wouldn’t have a pistol to shoot it in

Aim Surplus. If they aren't in stock just sign up to be notfied.

• 2 weeks later...