Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of the box BEST PCC FOR YOUR BUCK

look at the FX-9 9mm carbine that uses glock mags- it is inexpensive and mine always has performed well- put a JP trigger in it and it works fine- has nevr failed to fire as long as I do my part in reloading the 147 grain ammo.

this carbine is as good as the Ruger and about the same price.

Edited by verla
additional infro

AR9's are finicky beasts, and buying JP is the #1 way to ensure reliability for the most part. And in the grand scheme when comparing the overall price of building one with good parts, the prices are comparable. 

There's a local PCC M shooter who cleans house with a stock Ruger PCC. 

Edited by SwedishMoose

I went with a Leadstar Prime PCC, because I shot a friends and liked it.  It is well built and comes with all the race ready stuff.  He shot his for 2.5 seasons without a malfunction.  I took mine to the range to sight it in, and from the very first shot it ran like a top.  It continues to do so.

10 hours ago, SwedishMoose said:

AR9's are finicky beasts, and buying JP is the #1 way to ensure reliability for the most part. And in the grand scheme when comparing the overall price of building one with good parts, the prices are comparable. 

There's a local PCC M shooter who cleans house with a stock Ruger PCC. 

This is what ive heard about jp from many others

9 hours ago, zzt said:

I went with a Leadstar Prime PCC, because I shot a friends and liked it.  It is well built and comes with all the race ready stuff.  He shot his for 2.5 seasons without a malfunction.  I took mine to the range to sight it in, and from the very first shot it ran like a top.  It continues to do so.

Ive seen the wild builds they do. Great guns! 

buy once cry once with jp.  my ctr-02 and gmr-13 (glock mags) have a handful of years' each worth of various competitions without a single failure.  ok the first time out with my gmr i had trigger freeze, presumably some crap perhaps even a zip tie piece under the trigger.  blew it out and zero problems after that.

Spend the money and build it right the first time. There not finicky if you use proven components. Qc10, Gibbs, FTM there are several lowers when paired with known barrels(shooting inovations) will provide a trouble free gun. 

7 hours ago, davsco said:

buy once cry once with jp.  my ctr-02 and gmr-13 (glock mags) have a handful of years' each worth of various competitions without a single failure.  ok the first time out with my gmr i had trigger freeze, presumably some crap perhaps even a zip tie piece under the trigger.  blew it out and zero problems after that.

Had me at ziptie!

JP GMR-15. Reliability trumps everything else in PCC. I trust my JP's enough to loan them to an ammo manufacturer demo booth, another shooter and also shoot the same rifle all at USPSA Nationals. Zero issues, plenty of happy faces, 100% reliability. 

My setups are super soft, well balanced and plenty light. Send me a message if you'd like help setting one up or want to save a bit on JP stuff. 

castro.jpg

I would put my leadstar arms up against a JP any day. Yes JP was the standard for PCC reliability for awhile. I am not knocking their PCC. I am saying there is now others out there. Leadstars weigh in at 5.3 lbs. JP 5.8. If you get a carbon fiber barrel 5.1 lbs on the leadstar. The length of pull on a leadstar is shorter than carbine length stock. Very well balanced and easy to move with. Bottom line is dont buy crap. If your PCC doesn't run 100% its useless. Reliability is king in PCC as said above.

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

It seems that PCCs using Glock magazines are among the most popular, is that because of their reliability or that they are so abundant? Or is it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glock users have aftermarket support.

Colt mag users have said in multiple areas that they feel colt mags feed better, but mag seating is more of an issue from what I've experienced. Plus colts have better aesthetics. Colt mags are pretty cheap as well. 

I'm going to toss in another vote for the Ruger PC Carbine. There is no better value in the 9mm PCC arena IMO; other guns might be better (I like my Scorpion more than the Ruger) but  all of those other guns cost more money where you can get the standard Ruger for $400 and one of the newer options with the pistol grip, adjustable stock for closer to $600.