Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Magazine Pouches

jschroep

I have the ghosts. I usually shoot production and dipped into CO last year. A full 140mm mag shook out with 2 leaf springs. I trimmed the included grub screw, fit it so that the mag wasn't impossible to draw (edit: but was recessed enough to prevent scraping my finger), and haven't run into that issue since. I haven't removed the screws since I installed them. I don't feel that the extra security has come at the price of easy extraction.

I don't have experience with the DAA racers.

Edited by Rez805

1 hour ago, jschroep said:

I am stuck in between the DAA Racer Magazine pouches and the ghost magazine pouches. Has anyone had experience with either of these?

I have both and I like the DAA better compared to the Ghosts. The mags slide out smoother and easier from the DAA racers.

Ok. I wound up getting the Racers. Liked the way the mounted a bit better

I’ve had both and this is true. The ghosts are great for an economy option, but the DAA seem to be a bit better quality and the mounting setup is way better. I also ran both bullet out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many magazines do you typically carry on your belt in CO?  Shooting in Single Stack I would have 5 mags on my belt, plus my Barney mag in back pocket.

1 minute ago, jcm said:

How many magazines do you typically carry on your belt in CO?  Shooting in Single Stack I would have 5 mags on my belt, plus my Barney mag in back pocket.

Planning on 4. I'm skinny so 4 is all that fits. Plus the 5th that will go in my gun after make ready