Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling Dillon or....

How many of you call Dillon when you have a problem?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When your Dillon (550, 650, 750, 1050, 1100, etc.) has a problem, who do you call?

• Call Dillon directly and they take care of it.
    • Call a friend who I know personally who owns said machine.
    • Ask complete strangers on the internet and hope for the best.
    • Bash said reloading press online without even trying to figure out the problem. I mean, Dillon should have figured this out even before the problem arose, right? RIGHT?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/29/2020 at 04:40 AM

I am a supporter of Dillon. Let's just get that out there right now. They have taken such amazing care of me, I cannot imagine NOT calling them, but let's hear from others and see if indeed there is a better way. I try to keep an open mind but wonder why more people don't just call them directly and then get it fixed right. I know there must be reasons outside of them being closed. 

I went "ask a complete stranger" . If something was actually broken i would call but with anything ive come across with my 550/650 the first thing I do is check to see if others have had the issue or have solution. then contact Dillon(only called 1 time in 15 years)

55 minutes ago, m700 said:

I went "ask a complete stranger" . If something was actually broken i would call but with anything ive come across with my 550/650 the first thing I do is check to see if others have had the issue or have solution. then contact Dillon(only called 1 time in 15 years)

This,, I cruise this forum for probable quick fix, then hit up Dillon...  As above, may have cassed them a time or 2 in last 30 years, Usually to ask questions about new parts. A couple times they have asked me if I had the old part and they sent me new. 
Currently having primer feed issues.  My press may just be worn out, might send in for a rebuild or tune up

42 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

This,, I cruise this forum for probable quick fix, then hit up Dillon...  As above, may have cassed them a time or 2 in last 30 years, Usually to ask questions about new parts. A couple times they have asked me if I had the old part and they sent me new. 
Currently having primer feed issues.  My press may just be worn out, might send in for a rebuild or tune up

Well if you send it back, when it returns you'll swear it's a new machine!

I haven't needed Dillons support very often, but I've always had great success by giving them a call. One of my Super1050s had an issue after the warranty had expired, and they still sent the parts for free. They said they would do that once. So far, once was enough.

Even so, there a lot of great hacks people have come up with, and this is the place to find them.