Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle hitting for right and high question

usmc1974

I hope this is the right place to put this I have a new 6.5 Grendel AR the 20-inch match Barrel match trigger match everything. Was a Athlon 6 to 24 by 50 scope, mounted in a ccop 20 MOA cantilever mount.  with the elevation all the way at the bottom and the windage all the way left rifle is at 25 yards is hitting like 10 in right and 10 in High

20200223_165916-1.jpg

Some how your mount is not sitting correctly on your reciever. I ran into this once with an Armalite mount very similar to yours. I had to take off the clamp parts under the screws to finally see where it was off. In my case one of the  cross bolts that hold the mount screws was not fitting into the picatiny rail on the upper, but it felt like it was fitting correctly.

I called Athlon Optics and talk with one of their techs. After I explained to him what it was doing, he asked me if the knobs were turned all the way down and I said they was and I had no left windage he said it sounded like it might have left the factory that way and had me do a mechanical zero. like turn them all the way out to the max, / 2 and then turn them halfway back for the mechanical Center this seem to have solved the problem

I used talk to text, so sometimes there is an error.