Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer vs Striker Fired Guns. USPSA

Colby_Bedell

OP. I would run the X5 for a season and reassess.   I've been running 2011s and 1911s and just put together a Sig with the X series weighted grip and the GG comp trigger for CO.  I like the overall feel of the gun and it runs great.  Shot one match.  Still adjusting to the trigger.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2020 at 7:41 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

Which makes the point.

At that level the winner doesn't just blow all other GMs out of the water.  The talent is gap is very narrow and something that provides a small edge, like a heavy all-steel pistol with a sweet-ass DA/SA trigger, can be the difference between national champ and also-ran.

That may be true now, but if you look at the Production Division results from 2003 or so, the second place finisher came in where?  Around 92% of the winner's score, IIRC.  Dave Sevigny won that year with a Glock....

3 hours ago, Nik Habicht said:

That may be true now, but if you look at the Production Division results from 2003 or so, the second place finisher came in where?  Around 92% of the winner's score, IIRC.  Dave Sevigny won that year with a Glock....

Is that a huge gap?

On 2/23/2020 at 6:30 PM, motosapiens said:

I think people just like to spend money and play with fancier more precise things.

I think that's it in a nutshell right there. Is the only reason you need too. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there were a lot less dedicated Production shooters back then too.  I forget when the last combined Nationals was, but the results there might be interesting as the top shooters would need to pick their best division rather than hit all the Nats.