Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Base pads

mattmann

Its definitely going to depend on what magwell you will be using. If your planning on Dawson magwell, Dawson pads should be fine. If you are running other magwells like Limcat, you will need low profile pads like tti, or grams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Its definitely going to depend on what magwell you will be using. If your planning on Dawson magwell, Dawson pads should be fine. If you are running other magwells like Limcat, you will need low profile pads like tti, or grams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m actually running the factory dvc 3 Gun magwell. I would imagine any of them will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the Dawson base pads can be very difficult to remove when they are dropped in sand.  I have also smashed my finger/thumb between the mag well and Dawson base pad on a reload.  

TTI are easier to remove and I have not smashed my finger on a reload yet.  However, I have two base pads where the retaining pins aren’t secure.  I have lost a few of the retaining pins but replacements are cheap from McMaster Carr.  

I have 4 or 5 mags with Dawson base pads, and 1 mbx mag with their base pad (similar to the TTI). I don't think I can complain about either of them. I have lost a detent and spring from the Dawson on a mag change, but that's a cheap part to replace.