Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought a Mark 7 Evo, need help choosing dies (9mm)

On 3/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, WaynePatrick said:

You wont beat our dies.. We have taken Dies to another level.  The new TNT is outstanding and Super Duty Decapping die design is coming very soon, it's all steel with unique features, designed specifically for autos.  No question it's the best the industry has ever seen. Our Flare/Expander is glass.  Test flare dies have over 300,000 cycles along with our universal pistol seating die, no wear. Crimps will be available soon. 

Any one interested in testing and posting full reviews with pics and videos? 

I would be interested. My evolution is coming next week I was going with the Dillon set I have on my 1050. For 223 or 38 SC 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lyman dies look very nice for the price time will tell. Also hope the new trimmer is reasonably priced. At first I was skeptical of Lyman buying mark 7 there at the opposite ends of price point/quality hopefully Lyman sees them as there high end line and keeps it that way. So far seems like it’s working out.

Edited by Smeeg

On 5/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, avastcosmicarena said:

I couldn't wait and bought the Redding dies and some FW dies for 9mm.

I still need a few .223 dies though. I might try the Lyman Pro dies for the things I don't already have from FW Arms if they hurry up and come out.

I ordered the lyman pro .223 set with my Mark i was told June for them to ship

• 2 weeks later...

I had to order a mishmash of dies.  I’m even going to have to do a bit of machining using the new UniqueTek 9mm funnel for loading.358 coated.  I’ll cut it down and use inside a Lee Universal Case expander.

the Lyman professional dies are out but Lyman won’t ship for a month due to Covid If buying direct.  Didn’t see them anywhere else online.

Got the MA decap, hold down and seat.  Stuck with Lee U die and FCD -but ordered new.

I forgot how much it’s $$$ to ship to Canada!  Used to going down to the states once a month and having a mini Christmas at our PO Box in Niagara Falls NY. 

Just got my press yesterday, oh boy it’s a lot of parts.

Edited by MikeyScuba

Back when I did mine it was MA decapping and swage-backer dies and a Lee universal expander (with DAA funnel)  and redding sizer, seater and crimp. I change out to FW Arms decapping and swage, Lee U-die and Lee FCD. I recently changed back over to Redding crimp testing some things out. Honestly, they've all worked just fine. I have an Alpha dropper I'll put in there also just....because. I think the only ones I have a strong opinion on are the redding seater and Lee U-die. I do like the FCD and don't have any bullet swaging issues, but it collects a lot of gunk.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, BiknSwans said:

The Ultimate Die Pack contains: 1 hold down die; 1 carbide sizing die; 1 Universal Decapping die; 1 expansion die; 1 Micrometer adjust seating die; and 1 Micrometer adjust crimp die.

My press will arrive today and I plan to use the following setup:

1. case feed
  2. de-cap
  3. swage (hold down die on toolhead)
  4. prime AND resize
  5. case mouth expansion
  6. powder drop
  7. powder check
  8. bullet drop
  9. bullet seating
  10. crimp

This is my exact setup for 9MM. been talking to Joe at Mark 7 / Lyman about the new trimmer thats coming he hopes June-ish (no price point yet) but he said that will be the true prep and load in one pass

1) Case feed

2) size and decap 

3) swage , NEW LYMAN Trimmer on toolhead (thinner and not as loud)

4) Prime, (Hold down die is here)

5) expand

6) pow pow

7) Powder check

8. Bullet

9) Seat

10 Crimp and down the chute she goes.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

who'd you order from?

I'm also waiting for that new trimmer.

ordered direct from mark  7. i also want that trimmer and new primer system. misty has the primer up for preorder but not the trimmer yet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Was told the new trimmer and primer system are just due by the end of the year now. I think they've had supplier delays.

Was told they'd get the Lyman Pro Dies back in stock in July.

Been waiting on my .223s forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, WaynePatrick said:

You wont beat our dies.. We have taken Dies to another level.  The new TNT is outstanding and Super Duty Decapping die design is coming very soon, it's all steel with unique features, designed specifically for autos.  No question it's the best the industry has ever seen. Our Flare/Expander is glass.  Test flare dies have over 300,000 cycles along with our universal pistol seating die, no wear. Crimps will be available soon. 

Any one interested in testing and posting full reviews with pics and videos? 

Like what I see on your site Wayne. I did not see any crimping dies.

being a newer reloader with a dillon set up (550 c). I am looking  for the best sizing and crimping  dies offered. what do you offer for me in 9mm and 45  acp?

On 3/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, candiru said:

I have my main toolhead setup as BiknSwans listed.

FW Arms decapper or MA decapper with flicker spring -- have both, they've been 100% for me in terms of no sucked back primers.

FW Arms (or MA) swage backer

MA .40S&W sizing die

Redding Expander die

Redding Micrometer seating die

Redding Micrometer crimp die

did you buy the redding seating and crimping dies separately? I am having a hard time  finding them without buying a set

if you did buy them separately--where did you get them?

thanks

On 10/13/2020 at 7:28 AM, boatdoc173 said:

did you buy the redding seating and crimping dies separately? I am having a hard time  finding them without buying a set

if you did buy them separately--where did you get them?

thanks

Yes. Primarily because I wanted the micrometer versions of both.  I also bought the Redding expander.  IIRC, I bought all three of those from UniqueTek but I don't believe they carry them anymore.

I've also switched to the Redding Titanium Carbide sizing side in place of the MA sizing die due continuing issues with the MA dies.

42 minutes ago, taxil343 said:

How are the new Lyman dies performing? Need a set of 9mm and they seem like the best option I can find right now. 

Admittedly not the full set but I picked up their sizing and crimp dies. Results weren’t what I was hoping for, especially the crimp die. Ended up going back to my old setup.