Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which taccom barrel

I’ve finally decided to replace my short throated barrel on my NFA upper. I use this gun for USPSA and steel challenge. Looking at the offerings from taccom. I guess my pick would be between the 16” ULW and the 10/16 barrel they have. Has anyone went with the ULW and regretted it? The only thing I don’t like on the 10/16 barrel is how far the handgaurd will be cut back. 

Thanks. 

I recently bought the ULW and shot it at one match. It definitely has to be “tuned” for a lack of better words on my end. Dot moved too much for me. I wish Taccom would offer porting service for the shroud. Every bit helps I guess. 
With that said I’m experimenting with an MBX Ultralight right now. My goal is to run factory ammo. 

C6BC1986-999D-418B-8DC5-9D9D7548180C.jpeg

Edited by 021411
8 hours ago, 021411 said:

I recently bought the ULW and shot it at one match. It definitely has to be “tuned” for a lack of better words on my end. Dot moved too much for me. I wish Taccom would offer porting service for the shroud. Every bit helps I guess. 
With that said I’m experimenting with an MBX Ultralight right now. My goal is to run factory ammo. 

Thanks for the input. That was something I was concerned about.  I’ve looked at the MBX barrels but they are a little more than I want to spend right now. 

TACCOM's barrels are great, all at an excellent no frills price that is easily half of competitors.  Can't beat that from an outfit that pretty much is often imitated.  Their new super feed barrels are even greater.

Plus, TACCOM has excellent customer service to boot.  You won't regret it.

20 hours ago, 021411 said:

I’m considering the 16” ULW barrel also. What do you mean when you say “it has to be tuned”?  

I have a MBX buffer system and have been using the same load a my G34. 124 gr bullet with a power factor of 130K. It runs well and very little bounce on my RDS.  I’m looking to lighten up the front end. I have a Foxtrot Mike 15” handguard (11.6 oz). I CAN’t find an advertised weight for the PSA handguard but simply holding them feels like the FM is noticeably lighter. I was thinking that the Taccom ULW barrel at 15 oz might be a good alternative to the standard PSA 16” barrel (listed at 26.5 0z) I’m thinking I will shed close to 2 lbs off the front end. 

The only concern I have is that our local competitions ocassionally have shots out to 75 yards. I know that is doable with a pistol barrel and it would just be a case of getting the holds figured out. 

what do you guys think? Am I missing something or expecting to much, with this plan?

10 hours ago, ryan45kim said:

I’ve been running a Taccom ULW for over two years now. I would buy it again, it’s a good option. I definitely prefer the ULW over the 16” JP it replaced. 

How is the accuracy? Most targets are bay targets but occasionally they put a plate rack out at 75yards. 

17 hours ago, mitommy said:

How is the accuracy? Most targets are bay targets but occasionally they put a plate rack out at 75yards. 

This is the one thing that has held me up. Just not sure what it would be like compared to what I have. Think I’m going to try it though.